George W. Ringenberg, 71, a retired Navy captain and anti-submarine specialist who was a veteran of three wars, died of cancer June 23 at his home in Falls Church.

Capt. Ringenberg was a native of Seattle. He graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis in 1942 and had been a center on the academy's football team.

During World War II, he served in the Pacific. He saw action in the Korean War as a destroyer commander and in the Vietnam War as a missile cruiser commander.

In addition to his wartime service, he was a personnel officer and served aboard aircraft carriers. His last assignment before retiring from active duty in 1971 was with the Navy Materiel Command, where he was manager of the Anti-Submarine Warfare Special Projects Office.

His military decorations include the Legion of Merit.

In 1971, he joined the Vitro Corp., a Silver Spring research and consulting concern. He retired as a staff engineer in 1987 and had been a consultant since then.

Capt. Ringenberg was a member of the National Security Industries Association and a recipient of its Vice Adm. Weakley Award and a Navy meritorious public service citation.

His first wife, Jane Miller Ringenberg, died in 1973. Survivors include his wife, Millie Ringenberg of Falls Church; a daughter by his first marriage, Susan Cunha of Bonita, Calif.; a brother, Merl Ringenberg of Bel Air, Md.; and three grandchildren.


Foreign Service Officer

Paul A. Toussaint, 73, a retired Foreign Service officer, died of cancer June 23 at the Manor Care Nursing Center in Wheaton.

Mr. Toussaint, who lived in Kensington, was a native of Berlin, N.H. He attended the University of New Hampshire and graduated from the Boston College law school.

During World War II, he served in the Army in Europe. He returned to New Hampshire after the war where he practiced law and was later elected mayor of his hometown. He was recalled to active duty during the Korean War and served as a criminal investigation officer at Fort Dix, N.J.

In 1952, he came to the Washington area as a staff member at the Senate Committee on Appropriations. He joined the Foreign Service in 1955. From 1961 to 1963, he served in Saigon. He then returned here as deputy executive director of the bureau of international organization affairs. He retired in 1970.

Mr. Touissaint was a member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers, and the American Foreign Service Association. He also was a member of American Legion Post 68 and VFW Post 346, both in Washington.

Survivors include his wife of 48 years, Mildred Toussaint of Kensington; a son, Air Force Lt. Col. P.J. Toussaint of Aurora, Colo.; two sisters, Lorraine Kelley of Berlin, N.H., and Yolande Anderson of Upper Marlboro; and two grandchildren.


VA Legislative Aide

Mary Reilly Palmer, 88, a retired legislative assistant at the Veterans Administration's congressional liaison service and a former congressional staff member, died of cardiac arrest June 21 at her home in Arlington.

Mrs. Palmer was born in Washington and grew up in Arlington. She graduated from the Immaculate Conception School and attended George Washington University.

In 1930, she went to the Philippines and married James Charles Palmer, who was stationed there as an Army officer. She then worked as an elementary school teacher.

In 1933, she moved to Idaho and joined the staff of Assistant State Attorney General D. Worth Clark. She returned here in 1935 to work for him after he was elected to the House of Representatives. He was elected to the Senate in 1939, and she was on his staff until after he was defeated for renomination in the 1944 Democratic primary.

In 1959, she went to work at the Veterans Administration. She retired in 1970.

Mrs. Palmer was a founding member of the the Northern Virginia Service League, which is now the Junior League of Northern Virginia.

Her husband, who retired in 1946 with the rank of lieutenant colonel, died in 1958. Survivors include a son, James Reilly Palmer of Arlington; and five grandchildren.


Gas Rates Officer

Cecile Pinette, 71, a retired natural gas rates officer with the Department of Energy, died of cancer June 23 at a hospital in Marlboro, Mass.

Miss Pinette, who was in Massachusetts visiting relatives, lived in Washington. She was a native of Maine and a graduate of the University of Maine.

She came to Washington in the late 1940s when she joined what was then the Federal Power Commission. She retired in 1986. Since then, she had worked as a consultant at Consultants Inc., in Washington.

Survivors include a brother, Joseph Pinette of Holliston, Mass.; and three sisters, Pearl Gibbs of Holliston, Mattie Pinette of Washington and Sister Jean Marie Pinette OSU, of Dedham, Mass.


Tour Guide

Vincent Amoroso, 74, who owned and operated an area tour guide business from 1947 until he retired in 1981, died of an aneurysm June 22 at Washington Adventist Hospital.

Mr. Amoroso, who lived in Takoma Park, was born in Cleveland and grew up in the Boston area. He came to Washington in the mid-1930s. He later became co-owner of a dry cleaning business and attended the Benjamin Franklin School of Accounting. During World War II, he served in the Army Air Forces in Europe.

During the 1950s, he was president of the Hampshire Greens Civic Association in Takoma Park and chairman of the Takoma Park Fourth of July Celebration and Fireworks Display.

Mr. Amoroso was a founding member of St. Camillus Catholic Church in Silver Spring and a volunteer policeman with the Takoma Park Police.

His hobbies included bowling, photography and cooking.

Survivors include his wife of 48 years, Ann Marra Amoroso of Takoma Park; a daughter, Diane Brasile of Rockville; and two grandchildren.



Grace Evelyn Albert, 69, a retired secretary with the Air Force, died of cardiopulmonary arrest June 18 at the Camelot Hall Nursing Home in Arlington.

Mrs. Albert, who had moved to Camelot Hall from her Arlington home in April, was a native of Texas. She had attended Tyler (Tex.) Commercial College. She came to the Washington area in 1940 as a secretary with the Army Air Forces. She retired in 1978.

She had been a member of Calvary United Methodist Church in Arlington and a past president of the women's auxiliary at the National Hospital for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation in Arlington.

Her husband, Joseph Edward Albert, died in 1967. Survivors include a sister, Bobbie Ruth Dale of Lufkin, Tex.


Lawyer & Auto Dealer

Izadore J. Bornstein, 80, a former Washington lawyer and auto dealer, died June 22 at his home in Silver Spring after a heart attack.

He practiced general law from 1933 to 1953. A founder of the old Washington Motor Co. used car dealership, he was affiliated with it for 20 years until it closed in 1965. After that, he managed private investments.

Mr. Bornstein was a native of Washington. He was a graduate of Catholic University law school.

Survivors include his wife, Ann, of Silver Spring; and a sister, Anne Rich, of Rockville.