The Preservation Society of Loudoun County presented its sixth biennial Historic Preservation Awards Program Saturday at the Shelburne Glebe, a former parish of the Church of England. The 774-acre estate southwest of Leesburg will be developed into nine 50- to 88-acre sites and a 230-acre colonial estate that includes the 18th-century manor.
PRESERVATION THROUGH RESTORATION AND RECONSTRUCTION
Merit Award: The Janney House, Purcellville. Keith and Shaileen Backman, owners.
Merit Award: The Smallwood House, Waterford. Edward P. and Elizabeth L. Davis, owners.
PRESERVATION THROUGH STABILIZATION AND PROTECTION
First Award: Column Restoration, Oatlands. The National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Merit Award: Log Cabin, Upperville. William and Hildegarde Klene, owners.
PRESERVATION THROUGH REHABILITATION AND ADAPTATION
First Award: Ford Store, Round Hill. Ford's Store Committee, Town of Round Hill.
Merit Award: Janney's Store, Lincoln. John F. Janney, owner.
Merit Award: North Fork Primitive Baptist Church, North Fork. William and Donna Miner, owners.
Merit Award: 29 North King St., Leesburg. Caro Elise Luhrs, owner.
PRESERVATION THROUGH HISTORIC DEPENDENCIES
First Award: 1780 Log Cabin, Purcellville. John D. Marsh, owner.
Merit Award: Spring House, Round Hill. Russell Parks Jr., owner.
First Award: Mountain Gap School, Oatlands. The National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Merit Award: Paeonian Springs Community Project, Paeonian Springs. Paeonian Springs Council.
Merit Award: Bluemont Community Center, Bluemont. Bluemont Community Center.
First Award: Retaining Wall, Lincoln. Goose Creek Meeting of Friends.
Merit Award: Daydream Farm, Lucketts. Peter and Mary Gustafsen, owners.