The obituary yesterday about the Rev. V.I. Bellwoar, 83, a Jesuit priest who taught at Georgetown University, should have said he died of a stroke. (Published 7/26/90)

The Rev. Vincent I. Bellwoar, 83, a Jesuit priest who had taught at Georgetown University, died July 23 at the infirmary of Georgetown's Jesuit community.

Father Bellwoar taught theology at Georgetown in 1939 and 1940, 1954 and 1955, and from 1957 to 1969. In the intervening years he taught theology at two other Jesuit institutions, the University of Scranton and Canisius College in Buffalo. From 1955 to 1957, he served as assistant pastor at Old St. Joseph's Church in Philadelphia.

At Georgetown he had assisted with the glee club and in the student personnel office, and had served as university archivist from 1966 until he retired from Georgetown in 1971. Father Bellwoar then became associate pastor of St. Stephen's Catholic Church in Washington from 1971 until 1986.

A native of Philadelphia, he studied humanities at St. Andrew-on-Hudson Noviate in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. He then taught at a high school in Buffalo and later studied philosophy and theology at Woodstock College in Maryland, where he was ordained a priest in 1937.

Survivors include a brother, the Rev. John F.X. Bellwoar, also a Jesuit priest, of Washington.


Real Estate Agent

Eric Wade Barber, 43, a real estate salesman with American Realty Inc. in Greenbelt and a volunteer with several Prince George's County community groups, died July 22 at his home in Glenn Dale after a stroke. He had diabetes.

Mr. Barber was born in Pennsylvania. He moved to the Washington area in the early 1950s and grew up in Greenbelt. He graduated from High Point High School in Beltsville and Bowie State University.

He was a computer analyst in the Computer Science Corp. at the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt from the late 1960s until 1979. He then worked as a salesman for Nyman Realty in Greenbelt until 1988, when he went to NV Realty in Burtonsville. He had been at American Realty since last year.

Mr. Barber had been a volunteer with the Prince George's Special Olympics since 1975 and was a past president of its advisory board. He was a past president of the Greenbelt Jaycees and a past president of the Maryland Jaycees International Senate.

His other volunteer work included service with the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Big Brothers of the National Capital Area and the Association of Retarded Citizens of Prince George's County.

Survivors include his wife of 17 years, Barbara Barber, and two daughters, Marcia and Melissa Barber, all of Glenn Dale; his mother, Edith Barber of Greenbelt; and a brother, William Barber of Glenn Dale.


Real Estate Investor

F. Warren Brokaw Jr., 75, a former Washington real estate and parking lot investor, died at his home in Palm Beach, Fla., July 23 after a heart attack.

Mr. Brokaw was born in Chicago. He attended the University of Oklahoma and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley.

He moved to the Washington area in the late 1930s. During World War II, he was a civilian employee of the Navy Department specializing in testing of large guns. He also was a circulation route manager for The Washington Post.

After the war, Mr. Brokaw formed Federal Parking Services Inc., which managed several parking facilities around Washington. He left that business in 1957 to concentrate on real estate investments.

A former resident of Chevy Chase, Mr. Brokaw moved to Florida 13 years ago.

His wife, Nora Barry Brokaw, died in 1982.

Survivors include six children, Danne Brokaw Mumford of Atlanta, Edith Lynn Brokaw of Bethesda, John Barry Brokaw of Bronxville, N.Y., Mary Louise Brokaw of Houston, Dierdre Brokaw of Vero Beach, Fla., and F. Warren Brokaw III of Woodbine, Md.; a sister, Mary Brokaw Martin of Rockville; and 10 grandchildren.


USIA Official

Cushman C. Reynolds, 79, a retired assistant policy officer with the Voice of America and a former Foreign Service information officer, died July 21 at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda. He had emphysema.

Mr. Reynolds, who lived in Chevy Chase, was born in Kentucky and grew up in Connecticut, where he graduated from Trinity College. During World War II, he served in the Army Air Forces.

He joined the U.S. Information Agency in 1947. As a Foreign Service information officer, he had assignments in Indonesia, Pakistan, Sudan, Turkey and Egypt. He went to the Voice of America in 1963, and retired about 1971.

He had been a volunteer at the National Archives.

His wife, Virginia Wells Reynolds, died in 1986.

Survivors include a stepson, David Lasher of Spain; a sister, Hester Stowe of Nashville; and two half-sisters, Joan Glassburn of Pittsburgh and Barbara Dirlam of Kingston, R.I.


Food Service Employee

Esther Mayle Costley Brown, 72, a food service employee at D.C. Junior Village until she retired in the 1970s with 14 years of service, died of a heart attack July 3 at Prince George's Hospital Center in Cheverly.

Mrs. Brown, a resident of Washington, was born in Elizabeth, W.Va. She moved to the Washington area in 1935. As a young woman, she had several jobs in the private sector and worked for the federal government.

She was a member of St. John United Baptist Church, where she sang in the choir.

Her marriage to Frank Maurice Costley ended in divorce.

Survivors include her husband, William Brown of Washington; a daughter by her first marriage, Averille Esther Jacobs of Washington; and two grandchildren.


Member of Civic Boards

Nancy Hull Keiser, 81, a civic volunteer and a former member of the boards of directors of civic and cultural organizations in the Washington area, died of congestive heart failure July 21 at Georgetown University Hospital.

Mrs. Keiser, who lived in Washington, was born in New York City. She was a graduate of Vassar College.

She moved to the Washington area around 1950, and served on the board of the Middle East Institute, which was founded by her husband, George Camp Keiser. He died in 1956.

Mrs. Keiser had also served on the boards of directors of the Choral Arts Society of Washington and International Student House, and on the board of governors of the Washington Society of the Archaeological Institute of America. She was a member of the Sulgrave Club.

Survivors include two daughters, Anne B. Keiser of Washington and Demaris K. Wescott of Palm Springs, Calif.



John Franklin Hamner, 44, a senior legislative assistant to U.S. Sen. John Stennis (D-Miss.), died of leukemia July 21 at his home in Washington.

Mr. Hamner joined Stennis's staff on moving to Washington in 1968. He had done consulting work since Stennis retired in 1968.

A native of Mississippi, he was a graduate of Mississippi State University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He received a master's degree from the University of Georgia.

Mr. Hamner was a member of the Capitol Hill Restoration Society, Friends of the Kennedy Center and the Mississippi State Society.

Survivors include his mother, Edna Rebecca Hamner of Starkville, Miss.; and a sister, Mrs. Everett Howell of Nashville.