The obituary yesterday of Charles S. Sondheimer, 67, a retired IRS administrative aide, failed to include his sister and four brothers among his survivors. They are Audrey Sondheimer of District Heights; Boyd, of Forestville; Warren, of Potomac; Norman, of Alexandria; and Wallis, of Owings, Md. (Published 8/12/90)

Elsie Sewell Horad, 91, a retired teacher in D.C. schools who also was active in a family real estate business, died of cancer July 26 at the Washington Hospital Center.

Mrs. Horad was a lifelong Washington resident. She graduated from M Street High School and Miner Teachers College.

She began teaching in the D.C. schools in 1924 and was assigned to various elementary schools over the years, including Bruce, Garrison, Slater-Langston and Logan. She retired about 1961.

In the late 1940s, Mrs. Horad received her real estate license and took over her husband's real estate business when he became ill. She continued it until 1987, when she retired.

Mrs. Horad was a member of Calvary Episcopal Church, where she had served on the vestry and the finance and building committees.

Her husband, Romeo W. Horad Sr., died in 1968.

Survivors include three children, Romeo W. Horad Jr. of Washington, Sewell Horad of Silver Spring and Martha Belle Jones of Dale City; two brothers, Dr. Webster Sewell of Silver Spring and Bernard Sewell of Washington; five grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.


Washington Gas Light Official

Alvin T. Coppage, 77, retired manager of purchasing and stores at Washington Gas Light Co., died of cancer and emphysema Aug. 9 at Hospice of Northern Virginia.

He retired from Washington Gas Light in the mid-1970s after 37 years with the company.

Mr. Coppage, who lived in Arlington, was born in Pittsburgh. He moved to the Washington area as a child. He graduated from Washington-Lee High School and Benjamin Franklin University.

Mr. Coppage was a founder and past president of the Arlington Optimists Club, a past president of the Arlington Interservice Club Council, a Mason and a member of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce and Bon Air Baptist Church in Arlington.

Survivors include his wife of 55 years, Florine C. Coppage of Arlington; two children, A. Thomas Coppage Jr. of Arlington and Nancy Hish of Fairfax; a brother, George Coppage of Holiday, Fla.; a sister, Belle Johnson of Fairfax; and four grandchildren.


Red Cross Volunteer

Blanche Wallace Barbrow, 78, a former volunteer with the Red Cross and the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, died of cardiovascular disease July 15 at Kent General Hospital in Dover, Del.

Mrs. Barbrow was born in New York City. She moved to Washington with her family in 1919 and lived in the city until 1989, when she moved to Dover. She graduated from the old Central High School and attended George Washington University.

For about 10 years beginning in the early 1930s, Mrs. Barbrow was a secretary for a Washington ophthalmologist. In the late 1940s, she and a sister-in-law ran a store called the Maternity Shop in downtown Washington.

Her husband, Louis E. Barbrow, died in 1986. Her daughter, Jane Barbrow Lobl, died in 1988. Survivors include a brother, David R. Wallace of Gaithersburg, and three grandchildren.



Wentworth Brace, 74, a retired jeweler and jewelry store owner, died of congestive heart failure Aug. 8 at the Loudoun Hospital Center in Leesburg. He lived in Leesburg.

He operated his own jewelry store in Bethesda from the mid-1940s to the late 1950s, and a Kensington store from 1956 until closing it and retiring in 1978.

Mr. Brace, a native of Missouri, came to the Washington area in 1941. He lived in Montgomery County until moving from Kensington to Leesburg two years ago.

He was a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, the Civil Air Patrol and the Civitan Club.

His wife, Edith M. Brace, died in 1988. His survivors include a daughter, Janet Meyers of Purcellville; two sisters, Fenella Nelson of Palm Coast, Fla., and Myrmell Underbrink of Gainesville, Ga.; and a grandchild.


IRS Aide

Charles Stanley Sondheimer, 67, a retired administrative assistant at the Internal Revenue Service, died of a heart ailment Aug. 9 at Fairfax Hospital.

Mr. Sondheimer, who lived in Falls Church, was born in Washington. He graduated from Eastern High School and attended the University of Virginia. He was an Army Air Forces bomber pilot in Europe during World War II.

He retired from the IRS in 1988 after about 10 years with the agency. Earlier he had worked on Capitol Hill as an aide to Sen. Roman Hruska (R-Neb.) and as a salesman at Thompson's Honor Dairy.

He was a member of Potomac Masonic Lodge in Alexandria.

Survivors include his wife, Shirley "Peggy" Sondheimer of Falls Church; a daughter, Susan L. Howard of Winchester, Va.; and two grandchildren.


Copyright Examiner

Henry L. Wicka, 67, a retired examiner in the copyright office of the Library of Congress, died of arteriosclerosis and diabetes Aug. 3 at his home in Washington.

Mr. Wicka was born in Ollie, Mont. He graduated from Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn. During World War II, he served in the Army in North Africa, Sicily and southern France.

He moved to the Washington area in 1948. In 1982, Mr. Wicka retired from the Library of Congress after 33 years of service.

He was a history buff and had taken graduate courses in history at American and George Washington universities.

Survivors include two brothers, Marcel Wicka of Orlando, Fla., and Roman Wicka of Falls Church; and a sister, Josephine Caldwell of Winona, Minn.


Government Procurement Official

Kindred Owen LaBorde, 48, a government lawyer and procurement official who had lived in this area since 1978, died Aug. 10 at Fairfax Hospital. She had amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

She began her government career in 1968 as a Defense Department contract specialist in California. After transferring here, she worked as an Air Force procurement analyst until 1988. Since that time, she had served as deputy associate administrator for procurement law and legislation in the executive office of the president's federal procurement policy office.

Ms. LaBorde, who lived in McLean, was a native of Little Rock, Ark. She was a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and the University of Arizona law school.

Her hobbies included cooking, music and the theater.

Survivors include her parents, Edward and Elizabeth LaBorde, and two sisters, Katherine LaBorde and Elizabeth DiPietro, all of Calgary, Canada.


Real Estate Broker

Bernard Shriver Macsherry, 62, a real estate broker in suburban Maryland and Virginia who most recently had worked for Long & Foster Realtors, died of cancer Aug. 8 at Georgetown University Hospital.

Mr. Macsherry, who lived in Potomac, was born in Baltimore. He moved to the Washington area in the late 1940s. He graduated from Georgetown University and served in the Army in the 1950s.

After his discharge from the Army he entered the real estate business. During his career he had sold real estate for several companies, including Shannon & Luchs, the Rouse Company, Yeonas Co. and H.G. Smithy. He was a life member of the National Association of Realtors' Million Dollar Sales Club.

Mr. Macsherry was a member of the Army & Navy Club in Washington.

Survivors include his wife, Barbara Drury Wise Macsherry of Potomac; three children, Bernard Jr., of Washington, Richard Meredith Macsherry of New York City, and Helen Drury Macsherry of Potomac; three brothers, Clinton K., John H. and Charles O'D. Macsherry, all of Baltimore; and two sisters, Marian M. McSherry of Frederick, and Emily M. Belt of Amherst, Mass.