Thomas Minor Anderson Jr., 60, a lawyer who in the 1960s served in the Maryland House of Delegates and later the Maryland Senate, died of cardiac arrest Sept. 16 at his law office in Rockville.

In the 1970s, Mr. Anderson was a member of the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission and a chairman of the Seneca State Park Advisory Committee.

He was born in Rockville. He graduated from St. Albans School for Boys, Haverford College and the George Washington University law school.

Mr. Anderson, a Republican, was elected to the Maryland House of Delegates in 1962 and to the state Senate in 1966. In 1970, he left his seat to run for Maryland attorney general, but was defeated.

He was a past president of the Montgomery County Historical Society. He was a member of the Maryland Historical Trust, the Metropolitan Club and the Kenwood Golf and Country Club.

Survivors include a brother, the Rev. George M. Anderson S.J. of Washington.


Foreign Service Wife

Elvira Johnson Elbrick, 80, a retired Foreign Service officer's wife who accompanied her husband on assignments around the world, died Sept. 17 at her home in Washington after a stroke.

Mrs. Elbrick was born in Annapolis, the daughter of a naval officer. She was reared in Chile, where she learned to speak Spanish as a first language, and in Manila and Shanghai, as well as the Washington area, where she attended Miss Eastman's and Madeira schools.

In 1932 she married Charles Burke Elbrick, and she accompanied him to Southampton, England; Port au Prince, Haiti; Angers, France; Tangier, Morocco; Havana, London and Paris.

They were posted in Warsaw when the Nazis and Soviets invaded Poland in September 1939, and Mrs. Elbrick escaped to Oslo with an infant son.

In 1969, they were in Rio de Janeiro when Charles Elbrick, then the ambassador to Brazil, was kidnapped and held by terrorists for 3 1/2 days.

Mrs. Elbrick had also accompanied her husband as ambassador to Portugal and Yugoslavia. They had lived in Washington and in Gilbertsville, N.Y., since he retired in 1970. He died in 1983.

Mrs. Elbrick was a member of the Chevy Chase Club and the parish of St. Matthews Catholic Cathedral.

Survivors include two children, Alfred Johnson Elbrick of London and Valerie Elbrick Hanlon of Washington; a sister, Caroline Gilbert Brown of Gilbertsville; and six grandchildren.


Bowling Enthusiast

Helen K. Monahan, 72, a bowling enthusiast and former secretary of the Good Counsel Mothers Bowling League, died Sept. 17 at her home in Silver Spring after a heart attack.

Mrs. Monahan, who lived in Silver Spring, was born in Washington. She graduated from Eastern High School and studied accounting at Benjamin Franklin University.

Survivors include her husband, John F. Monahan of Silver Spring; two children, Elizabeth Ann Monahan of Silver Spring and Kevin J. Monahan of Hyattsville; two sisters, Elizabeth Palmer of Chevy Chase and Victoria Kissal of Washington; and three brothers, Richard and Alexander Kissal, both of Arlington, and Mark Kissal of Washington.


Postal Supervisor

Truly George Rollins Sr., 81, a retired postal supervisor and a member of Asbury United Methodist Church, died of cancer Sept. 15 at Providence Hospital.

Mr. Rollins, a resident of Washington, was a native of Summit, Miss., and a graduate of what is now Alcorn State University in Lorman, Miss.

In 1940, he moved to Washington and went to work for the old War Department. About 1945, he transferred to what is now the U.S. Postal Service. He was a supervisor in the outgoing mail branch at the Main Post Office in Washington when he retired in 1976 with 36 years of federal service.

At his church, Mr. Rollins was a member of the Men's Club.

Survivors include his wife, the former Elizabeth Mary Johnson, whom he married in 1932, of Washington; five sons, Truly George Jr., Verdise, Marshall and Roland Rollins, all of Washington, and Joseph Rollins of Silver Spring; two daughters, Deloris Blaine of Lanham and Olivia Harris of Potomac; his mother, Mary Rollins, and two sisters, Ollie Dean Wood and Lilly Mae Mallet, all of Detroit; two brothers, Eddie and Edward Rollins, both of Summit, Miss.; 10 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.


Executive Chef

James Richard "Chef" Koci, 75, a retired executive chef with Marriott Corp., died Sept. 18 at Frederick Memorial Hospital in Frederick, Md., after a stroke.

Mr. Koci was born in what is now Czechoslovakia, where he became an apprentice chef at the age of 14. He served in the Czechoslovak Army before World War II and taught culinary arts at the Chef Hotel School.

After the war, he immigrated to the United States. He operated a restaurant in Cicero, Ill., before moving to the Washington and joining the staff of the Marriott Corp. in 1963.

He specialized in banquets and special events at Marriott hotels in Washington and around the country. He retired in 1979.

A former resident of Falls Church, Mr. Koci moved to Frederick in 1982.

He was a member of the American Culinary Federation.

Survivors include his wife of 40 years, Blanche Marie Beranek Koci of Frederick; three children, Janis Lydia Koci of Frederick, Wendy M. Boone of Lake Ridge, Va., and Kenneth E. Koci of Spot, N.C.; and six grandchildren.