One of three men in a car opened fire on a residential street in the LeDroit Park section of Northwest Washington early yesterday morning, killing one person and wounding three others, including a 13-year-old boy, police said.

The dead man, Eric Michael Hunter, was shot several times in the face as he and another man stood outside a house in the 2000 block of First Street NW.

Hunter, 20, was one of six people killed in the region Friday night and yesterday.

They included two people killed in separate incidents in District Heights and four slayings in the District.

Shortly after 11 last night, police responded to reports of gunfire near the intersection of Connecticut Avenue and Oliver Street NW, just south of Chevy Chase Circle, where they found a man lying in the street with at least one bullet wound. The man was taken to Suburban Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police had no further information on the shooting.

Earlier in the evening, a woman was shot to death in a house in the 1400 block of Crittenden Street NW, the victim of a domestic quarrel, police said. An investigator said an arrest was made, but the identities of the victim and the suspect were not immediately available.

Also last night, a man was shot to death in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 1400 block of North Capitol Street. He was shot twice in the head and four times in the back, officials said.

At least 15 cartridges from a handgun were found around the victim. The victim's identity and further details were not immediately available.

In Prince George's County, police said Carnel Chatman, of the 6900 block of Walker Mill Road, was killed shortly after 11 p.m Friday during an argument. Police are searching for a 23-year-old man who knew the victim.

In the other Prince George's slaying, shortly before 5 a.m. yesterday, Carla Jones, of the 6600 block of District Heights Parkway, was shot once in the chest, allegedly by a man with whom she shared an apartment.

The suspect, Dewayne Davis, 22, allegedly entered the apartment with a handgun and confronted a man who was visiting Jones.

The man, whom police did not identify, was shot once in the leg, treated at Prince George's Hospital Center and released, police said.

Davis, arrested and charged with first-degree murder, was being held without bond at the Prince George's Correctional Center.

The LeDroit Park shooting in Northwest Washington occurred shortly after midnight yesterday when a car with three men pulled up in front of the First Street house. Police said one man opened fire, spraying a wide area with bullets. The 13-year-old hit in the hail of gunfire was not seriously injured, police said.

Yesterday afternoon, eight yellow chalk circles marked places where police had found bullet casings. Two cars that stood between Hunter and the gunman were damaged, including one that had its rear window and a passenger window shot out.

Neighbors, many of whom had been awakened by the volley of shots, said the block has experienced some trouble in the past.

"It wasn't like this when I was coming around, but the generation after me, they don't care," said a 23-year-old mother of three who grew up in the area. "They just don't care. It's a shame."

Police did not release the names of the wounded because they are witnesses in the case. One of the men, whose age was not given, was shot in the leg but refused treatment.

The 13-year-old, who apparently does not live in the block, was listed in good condition at Children's Hospital.

A 22-year-old man was shot in the shoulder and buttocks, said his great-uncle, who declined to give his name. He was taken to Washington Hospital Center. No report on his condition was available.