Raymond Wexler, 76, a retired National Aeronautics and Space Administration meteorologist who had specialized in radar and satellite meteorology, died Oct. 15 at Montgomery General Hospital. He had myotonic atrophy, a muscular and neurological disorder.

Mr. Wexler, who lived in Silver Spring, was born in Fall River, Mass. He graduated from Harvard University and received a master's degree in meteorology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

He was a meteorologist for Northwest Airlines in Spokane, Wash., before World War II, then worked during the war and immediately afterward as a meteorologist for the War Department. His duties included teaching meteorology, navigation and weather map analysis to Army Air Forces cadets, studies of chemical gas dissipation and work on radar weather.

In 1948 Mr. Wexler studied meteorology at Imperial College in London on a Fulbright fellowship, then returned to this country to work in a variety of meteorological assignments for Harvard and MIT. He also did hurricane research at Woods Hole, Mass.

He moved to the Washington area and joined the staff at Goddard Space Flight Center in 1970 after having worked as a meteorologist at Allied Research Inc. in Massachusetts. He retired from NASA in 1983.

He was a member of the National Committee for Assessment of Weather Experiments on Spacecraft and the American Meteorological Society.

Survivors include his wife, Ruth L. Wexler of Silver Spring, and a daughter, Joan Sarah Wexler of Washington.


Howard University Student

Kingsley N. Onyirimba, 24, who was found stabbed to death Oct. 12 behind a house in the 1200 block of Taylor Street NW, was a Takoma Park resident and a senior at Howard University.

A D.C. police spokesman said no arrests have been made in connection with the stabbing.

Mr. Onyirimba, a native of Nigeria, came to this country and the Washington area in 1984. A graduate of Roosevelt High School, he was studying nutrition at Howard University at the time of his death.

For the past two months, he had worked as a waiter at TGI Friday's restaurant in Rockville. Before that, he had been a waiter at Clyde's restaurant in Georgetown and had delivered pizzas for Gopher Pizzas in Washington.

Mr. Onyirimba was a member of Our Lady of Sorrow Catholic Church in Takoma Park.

Survivors include his mother, Julie Onyirimba of Nigeria; four brothers, Vincent, of Takoma Park, Emeka, of Hyattsville, and Charles and Ike, both of Nigeria; and a sister, Edith Onyirimba-Akpan of Hyattsville.



Amy K. Wilner, 74, a longtime volunteer with the Volunteer Braille Services and the Jewish Social Service Agency, died Oct. 23 at her home in Washington. She had emphysema.

Mrs. Wilner was a lifelong Washingtonian and a graduate of Central High School.

She joined the Volunteer Braille Services in the mid-1950s and learned Braille there. Over the years, she taught Braille and transcribed children's textbooks from print into Braille. She was a volunteer at Jewish Social Service Agency's child guidance clinic in Washington.

She also was a past vice president of the Sisterhood of the Washington Hebrew Congregation.

Survivors include her husband of 53 years, Paul R. Wilner of Washington; three children, John R. Wilner of Bethesda and Margaret W. Hut and Richard K. Wilner, both of Chevy Chase; a sister, Helene Klawans of Washington, and eight grandchildren.


Auto Service Business Owner

Bryant A. Fletcher Sr., 57, who had owned and operated the Tyson's Corner Transmissions Center Inc. since 1958, died Oct. 18 at Fairfax Hospital after a heart attack.

Mr. Fletcher, who lived in Vienna, was a native of Washington, Va. He served in the Air Force in the early 1950s.

He then worked as an auto mechanic in Georgia. In the mid-1950s, he came here to work at Knupp's Auto Service in Arlington.

He was a Mason and a member of Union Baptist Church in Vienna.

His wife, Charlotte Berry Fletcher, died in 1986. Survivors include three sons, Bryant II, of Falls Church, Reginald, of Falls Church, and Marcellus, of Vienna; a sister, Annie Fletcher Clanigan of Culpeper, Va.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.



Helena Reigle Agnello Watson, 75, a partner with her husband in S&H Concrete Pumping Service in Olney, died of Alzheimer's disease Oct. 22 at Potomac Valley Nursing Home in Rockville.

Mrs. Watson, who lived in Olney, was born in Lower Marlboro, Md. She grew up in Towson and attended Towson State College. Before moving to this area in the 1960s, she had operated a DeSoto-Plymouth dealership in Baltimore with her first husband, Joseph Vincent Agnello. He died in 1949.

Survivors include her husband, Samuel D. Watson Sr. of Olney, and their daughter, Carol Watson Fetsko of Rockville; three daughters by her first marriage, Joan Agnello Butler of Silver Spring, Mary Agnello Krebs of Fairfield, Pa., and Rosemary Agnello Witcoff of Rockville; and four grandchildren.