A Crofton man who escaped from an Anne Arundel County police officer in August after allegedly beating her, taking her gun and forcing her to drive more than 15 miles, was captured early Thanksgiving morning, authorities said.

Harold Dean Rogers, 24, and his wife, Sharon Denise Rogers, 28, were arrested without incident at the Motel 6 in the 5700 block of Allentown Road in Camp Springs by Prince George's County robbery detectives.

Harold Rogers was being held yesterday without bail at the Prince George's County Corrections Center on charges of assault with intent to murder, armed robbery and kidnapping, police said. Sharon Rogers, who was charged with the same offenses, was turned over to Anne Arundel County police.

Capt. Jimmy White, a Prince George's police spokesman, said that robbery detectives, acting on information that Rogers was staying in the area, had been showing photographs of him and his wife to desk clerks at several motels. The detectives were in the lobby of the Motel 6 when Sharon Rogers walked into the room, White said.

Officers arrested Sharon Rogers and then, surrounding the couple's motel room, telephoned her husband and ordered him to come out, White said. Harold Rogers, who was not armed, surrendered without incident.

Harold Rogers also was charged in connection with four armed robberies that occurred between Sept. 16 and Wednesday at three service stations and a shoe store in Prince George's County.

Prince George's robbery detectives yesterday charged Archie Anthony Hawk, 52, an alleged accomplice of Rogers, in three armed robberies in the county. Charges against Hawk are pending in Anne Arundel and Montgomery counties in connection with robberies there.

Police allege that Hawk and Rogers used a shotgun and a handgun to hold up businesses. Hawk, of no fixed address, was arrested at noon yesterday at the Red Roof Inn on Laurel-Bowie Road.

Rogers had been arrested in Anne Arundel County on a felony theft warrant and was en route from the District Court commissioner's office to the county jail when he escaped on Aug. 28.

Rogers was riding handcuffed in the front seat of a police cruiser when he attacked Anne Arundel County Officer Janice J. Schwartz, banging her head against the side window and wrestling her gun from her, police said. Rogers, whose hands were cuffed in front of his body, then ordered Schwartz to drive from Annapolis to Crofton, where Sharon Rogers entered the car, police said.

Schwartz later told investigators that Harold Rogers talked about killing her but agreed to release her and steal the car, police said. Schwartz, who was treated for facial cuts and a broken tooth, sought help from a nearby residence. The patrol car was found a short distance away.

In January, Rogers pleaded guilty to four burglaries in Montgomery County and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. However, Circuit Court Judge I. Leonard Ruben suspended his sentence, placed him on probation and ordered him into a drug treatment program, over the objections of prosecutors.

Rogers also had been given a seven-year concurrent sentence for the June 1989 kidnapping of his former girlfriend, according to court records.

Rogers was found in violation of his probation on Aug. 7 for failing to attend the drug treatment program. But the sentencing in Montgomery County was delayed until Nov. 28. At the time of his escape, he also faced outstanding warrants for theft in Loudoun County and for probation violations in Prince George's County.