Daniel J. Piliero II, 48, a founding partner of the Washington law firm of Piliero, Tobin & Mazza and the chairman of the board of trustees of Georgetown Preparatory School, died of a heart attack Dec. 25 at Aspen Valley Hospital in Aspen, Colo.

Mr. Piliero, who lived in Bethesda, was vacationing in Snowmass, Colo., and he was stricken at his hotel there. Born in New York City, he graduated from Queens College and received a law degree from Fordham University.

After law school, he clerked for U.S. District Judge John Cannella in New York, then worked for the law firm of Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett.

In 1971, Mr. Piliero moved to the Washington area and joined the Securities and Exchange Commission. In 1977, he became the Washington counsel for Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher & Flom, a New York law firm, and in 1980 he founded Piliero, Tobin & Mazza. His clients included the National Fire Protection Association.

Mr. Piliero served on the parents council of Georgetown University. He also was a member of the Knights of Malta and the parish of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church in Potomac.

Survivors include his wife, Joyce Adams Piliero, and three children, Daniel, Kimberly and Philip Piliero, all of Bethesda; his parents, Joseph and Madelyn Piliero of Flushing, N.Y.; three brothers, Richard Piliero of Geneva, Thomas Piliero of Sterling and Robert Piliero of South Orange, N.J.; and a sister, Gloria Barr of Short Hills, N.J.


General Contractor

Andre Bodor, 80, a general contractor in Falls Church from 1954 until he retired in 1985, died of cancer Dec. 24 at the Americare Putnam nursing home in Hurricane, W.Va.

Mr. Bodor, who had lived in South Charleston, W.Va., since 1985, was born in Hungary. He came to the United States in 1939 and worked on a farm in Ohio. He served in the U.S. Army in Europe during World War II.

After the war, he was a civilian employee of the Army in Germany and then a general contractor on Long Island, N.Y. He moved to the Washington area in 1954.

Mr. Bodor was a member of Universalist National Memorial Church in Washington and the American Legion.

Survivors include his wife, Janice Wright Bodor of South Charleston, whom he married in 1954; a son, Timothy C. Bodor of Washington; and two sisters, Cornelia B. Gyulahazi and Maria B. Gyulahazi, both of South Charleston.


Seed Company Official

Charles Blakely Arthur, 85, a retired general manager of a Washington seed and fertilizer company, died of heart ailments Dec. 24 at the Fort Washington Rehabilitation Center in Fort Washington.

Mr. Arthur, a former resident of Washington who had lived at the rehabilitation center for the last six years, was born in Oxon Hill. In 1927, he went to work for F. W. Bolgiano & Co., a seed and fertilizer business that no longer exists. He retired from the firm in 1969.

His wife, Lorraine C. Arthur, died in 1983.

Survivors include two children, Deane Poore of Littleton, Colo., and Charles D. Arthur of Dunkirk, Md.; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.



Jerzy Leopold Baran, 78, an Alexandria resident who was a retired engineer with the Bailey Meter Co. in Wickliffe, Ohio, died of an embolism Dec. 26 at Johnston-Willis Hospital in Richmond.

Mr. Baran, who was visiting a son when he was stricken, was born in Wielopole, Poland. He graduated from Lvov Polytechnic Institute. During World War II, he was imprisoned by the Germans and taken to the Dachau concentration camp in Germany.

After the war, he worked for the International Refugee Organization in Germany until 1951, when he came to the United States. He lived in Chicago and Michigan City., Ind., before settling in Paynesville, Ohio, and joining the Bailey Meter Co. in 1958. He retired in 1982 and moved to Alexandria. He also had a residence in Plantation, Fla.

Survivors include his wife, Leonce Vanden Bussche Baran of Alexandria and Plantation; two sons, Jan Witold Baran of Alexandria and Paul Peter Baran of Richmond; and six grandchildren.



Jean L. Crausway, 66, a retired librarian at the Gelman Library of George Washington University, died of cancer Dec. 25 at George Washington University Hospital.

Miss Crausway, a resident of Washington, was born in New York City. She graduated from Hunter College and received a master's degree in library science from Pratt Institute.

She worked for the New York Public Library for 17 years before moving to Washington in 1966 and joining the staff at the Gelman Library. She retired in 1989.

Miss Crausway was a member of the parish of Annunciation Catholic Church and the Friends of the Library at George Washington University.

Survivors include a brother, Theodore J. Crausway of Washington.


Legal Assistant

Jane Marie Turrill, 78, a retired legal assistant at the Federal Power Commission, died Dec. 24 at Potomac Valley Nursing Home in Rockville after a stroke.

Mrs. Turrill, who lived in Rockville, was born in Olivet, Mich.

She moved to the Washington area in the late 1950s after having lived in Colorado and California, where she worked for the Small Business Administration. She worked at the Federal Power Commission here for 12 years before retiring in 1971.

Her husband, Russell D. Turrill, died in 1969.

Survivors include two children, Russell D. Turrill Jr. of Roanoke and Gloria Jane Wilson of Rockville; a sister, Caroline Nichols of Charlotte, Mich.; and five grandchildren.


Student Aid Specialist

Marilyn N. Brown, 58, a student financial aid specialist at Montgomery College, died of cancer Dec. 26 at Georgetown University Hospital.

Mrs. Brown, who lived in Rockville, was born in Pittsburgh. She attended Cleveland College in Ohio.

She moved to the Washington area in 1967.

She had worked for 19 years as a financial aid specialist at Montgomery College.

Survivors include her husband, David H. Brown of Rockville; two children, Holly Levine of Potomac and Mark S. Brown of Germantown; a brother, William A. Nathan of Houston; and five grandchildren.


Foreign Service Wife

Mary E. Mayio, 68, the wife of a retired Foreign Service officer, died of cancer Dec. 26 at Sibley Memorial Hospital.

Mrs. Mayio, who had lived in Washington since 1969, was born in Antwerp, Belgium. At the end of World War II, she was an interpreter for a U.S. military government team in Bamberg, Germany, and there she met and married Albert P. Mayio, a member of the team.

In the course of her husband's subsequent career as a State Department Foreign Service officer, Mrs. Mayio accompanied him on assignments to Bolivia, Argentina and Mexico as well as on several tours in Washington. While living here in the early 1960s, she was a part-time teacher at Murch Elementary School.

In addition to her husband, of Washington, survivors include two children, Paul H. Mayio of Washington and Alice E. Mayio of Bethesda.


Fairfax Resident

Raymond S. Gill, 94, a Fairfax County resident since 1986 who had spent most of his working life as a salesman for Oliver Machinery Co. in Minneapolis, died Dec. 24 at a hospital in Norwalk, Conn. after a stroke. He was visiting a grandson when stricken.

Mr. Gill was born in Ishpeming, Mich.

His wife of 56 years, Ruth Sevon Gill, died in 1980.

Survivors include a daughter, Ruth Van Cleve of Fairfax; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.


DAR Regent

Nannie Armistead I'Anson, 81, a retired lawyer with the Veterans Administration who held offices on the local, state and national levels of the Daughters of the American Revolution, died Dec. 25 at Greater Baltimore Hospital Center in Towson. She had cancer.

Miss I'Anson, who lived in Washington until moving to Baltimore in 1988, was born in Mechanicsville, Md. She was a graduate of George Washington University's law school, and she worked at the VA from about 1943 until retiring about 1968.

As a member of the DAR, she was a two-term regent of the Maj. William Thomas Chapter in St. Mary's County, Md., and parliamentarian, registrar, vice regent and regent of the Maryland State Society of the DAR. She also was a vice president general of the National Society of the DAR.

In addition, Miss I'Anson was a member of the Daughters of the American Colonists, the Colonial Dames of the 17th Century, the Huguenot Society of Maryland, the United Daughters of the Confederacy, the Southern Dames of America, the Dames of the Court of Honor, the Descendants of Colonial Clergy, the Order of Descendants of Colonial Physicians and Chirurgeons, and the U.S. Daughters of the War of 1812. She was a matron of the D.C. Order of the Eastern Star.

Survivors include a brother, Robert I'Anson of Florida.


Army Colonel

Burnell V. Bryant, 86, a retired Army colonel, died Dec. 25 at the hospital unit of the Fairfax retirement home at Fort Belvoir. He had suffered several strokes.

Col. Bryant was born in Houlton, Maine, and graduated from the University of New Hampshire. As an Army Reserve officer in the 1930s, he was commandant and executive officer of the New York Military Academy and commandant and superintendent of the Florida Military Academy.

He was called to active duty during World War II and served in the United States, Okinawa and the Philippines. He was assigned in Japan after the war, and his duties involved repatriation of Japanese prisoners of war.

Later duty included service at Governors Island, N.Y., and the University of Maine, where he retired in 1959 as a professor of military science.

His military decorations included a Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster and an Army Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters.

On retirement, Col. Bryant settled at Scientists Cliffs in Calvert County, Md. He moved to the Fairfax home in 1989.

Survivors include his wife, Ruth Gregory Bryant of Fairfax.



Otis Adair, 64, a retired General Services Administration painter, died of emphysema and a heart attack Dec. 24 at his home in Washington.

Mr. Adair was born in Greenville, S.C., and he served in the Army in Europe during World War II.

He settled in Washington after the war and attended Howard University, then was recalled to active Army service in the Korean War.

He spent all his working life as a GSA painter and retired in 1987.

Mr. Adair was a member of Gethsemane Baptist Church in Washington and a past grand master of Mecca Temple of the Shrine.

His wife of 31 years, Ethel Barnes Adair, died in 1989.

Survivors include four children, Todd, Marcus, Megan and Crystal Adair, all of Washington, and two grandchildren.


IMF Official

Robert Noe, 55, director of the office of internal audit at the International Monetary Fund, died of cancer Dec. 23 at Fairfax Hospital.

Mr. Noe, who lived in McLean, was born in Brussels. He attended the Institute of Political Studies in Paris and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in London.

Before immigrating to Washington and joining the staff of the IMF in 1968, he worked in Belgium for Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Co. and as financial controller at Samsonite S.A.

He had been a division chief in the treasurer's department of the IMF and an internal auditor in the office of the managing director before he became director of the office of internal audit.

Survivors include his wife, Delia Noe of McLean, and three children, Adrian Noe of Montreal and Marc and Dominique Noe, both of McLean.


Construction Manager

Anthony Ellis Fox, 34, a construction project manager for the J.G. Davis Construction Co. of Rockville, died Dec. 26 at Suburban Hospital of injuries received in an auto accident that day. Maryland State Police said his car went off the Capital Beltway near the Mormon Temple and crashed into a tree.

Mr. Fox, who lived in Silver Spring, was born in Bethesda. He graduated in 1974 from Paint Branch High School. He was a 1980 graduate of the University of Maryland.

He had worked for Davis Construction for about the last seven years.

He was a founder of Concerned Young Professionals, which raised money for homeless and sick children.

Survivors include his mother, Marian P. Fox of Burtonsville; his father, H. Herbert Fox of West Friendship; and three brothers, Stephen Fox of Bethesda, Daniel Fox of Burtonsville and Philip Fox of Kensington.