John F. Loosbrock, 72, an aerospace writer who had been editor-in-chief and publisher of the Air Force Association's Air Force Magazine and later vice president for public affairs of the Aerospace Industries Association, died of congestive heart failure Jan. 7 at Georgetown University Hospital.

Mr. Loosbrock worked 29 years for the Air Force Association before his retirement there in 1980. He joined the staff of the Aerospace Industries Association that year and worked there until retiring a second time in 1986.

A resident of Washington, he was born in Omaha and reared in Lacona, Iowa. He graduated from the college of journalism at Marquette University and as a young man worked on daily newspapers in Iowa and Wisconsin.

He served in the Army during World War II and participated in combat operations in North Africa and Sicily. His military decorations included a Silver Star, two Bronze Stars and a Purple Heart. He was discharged from the Army as a captain.

In 1945, Mr. Loosbrock came to Washington as assistant editor of the Infantry Journal. He became Washington editor of Popular Science Monthly in 1948. In 1951, he became managing editor of Air Force Magazine. A year later he became publisher, and in 1958 was named editor-in-chief. He also served as deputy executive director of the Air Force Association and in that capacity supervised membership solicitation, advertising and finance.

He had written extensively on air power, defense, space and related subjects and had also written or edited three books on military air power. He also had lectured at the Air Force's Air University and at civilian universities.

Mr. Loosbrock was a recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's Distinguished Public Service Award for his work as consultant to that agency and of the Arnold Air Society's Paul T. Johns Award for contributions to aeronautics and astronautics.

His wife of 33 years, the former Margaret Reynolds, died in 1975.

Survivors include his wife of 14 years, the former Renee Amrine of Washington; three children of his first marriage, Mary L. Miers of Bethesda, John F. Loosbrock III of DeLand, Fla., and Madonna Minarich of San Antonio; three stepsons, Douglas Amrine of London, Eric Amrine of Seattle and Neil Amrien of Bethesda; a brother, Richard F. Loosbrock, and a sister, M. Helen Loosbrock, both of Chadron, Neb.; and three grandchildren.


Rector, Hospital Chaplain

The Rev. Warren Edward Mace, 82, associate rector emeritus of the Church of the Epiphany in Washington, died of cancer Jan. 5 at the Hospice of Washington.

Mr. Mace, who lived in Washington, was born in Syracuse, N.Y. He graduated from Syracuse University, attended Berkeley Divinity School in New Haven, Conn., and graduated from Episcopal Theological School in Cambridge, Mass.

From 1933 to 1946 Mr. Mace was an Episcopal parish clergyman in the diocese of Central New York, then moved to Washington as rector of the Church of Holy Comforter.

He began his ministry at the Church of the Epiphany in 1949, and continued there as associate rector and later senior presbyter until 1975, when he became associate rector emeritus. He had continued to participate in activities of the parish until shortly before his death.

Mr. Mace was Episcopal chaplain of Washington Hospital Center from 1958 until 1988. After his retirement there, the hospital's department of pastoral care established the Warren E. Mace interdisciplinary lecture series.

Mr. Mace was a member of the Assembly of Episcopal Hospitals and Chaplains and the Evangelical Education Society.

Survivors include his wife, Kathleen Amedro Mace of Washington; three sons, Richard C. Mace of Columbus, Ohio, Warren E. Mace Jr. of Washington and Hugh L. Mace of Durham, N.C.; a brother, Kenneth Mace of Syracuse; two sisters, Doris Effig of Syracuse and Marjorie Porter of Pine Bluff, Ark.; and four grandchildren.


Statistical Officer

Wylodean Treece, 72, a retired statistical officer at the Bureau of Labor Statistics, died of cancer Jan. 7 at Holy Cross Hospital.

Miss Treece, who lived in Silver Spring, was born in Leslie, Ark. She moved to the Washington area and began working for the Department of Labor during World War II.

She retired as a BLS statistical officer specializing in supervision of the production of the cost of living index. In 1973 she received the Distinguished Career Service Award. She retired in 1974.

There are no immediate survivors.