Raymond P. Bianco, 45, a diagnostician of learning disabilities in preschool children, died of complications related to AIDS Dec. 30 at his home in Silver Spring.

He had worked for the Montgomery County schools 23 years, initially as a teacher of English and exceptional children and until recently as a teacher specialist and educational diagnostician. He organized and managed Child Find, the county screening clinics that identify learning disabilities before children enter school.

He had taught at Longview School in Gaithersburg and in the county's adult education program.

A native of Westfield, N.J., Mr. Bianco had a bachelor's degree from St. Mary's College and a master's degree in early childhood special education from George Washington University.

He had served as president of the Council for Exceptional Children in Montgomery, and was a member of Lambda Iota Tau and Pi Delta Epsilon honor societies.

Mr. Bianco had aided Montgomery, Maryland and the District of Columbia as a committee member and consultant on early childhood learning disabilities and screening, and he was a lecturer at the University of Maryland on the subject.

He is survived by his companions, James B. Childress and Daniel E. Laswell, of Silver Spring; his parents, Anthony and Mildred Bianco of Delray Beach, Fla.; two sisters, Elsie Powell of Scotch Plains, N.J., and Noreen Lund of Westfield; and a brother, Vincent Bianco of Stockton, N.J.


Sperry Corp. Executive

Clifford William Whall, 73, a retired director of Washington operations and U.S. regional offices for the Sperry Corp., died of pneumonia Jan. 2 at his home in Bethesda.

He had lived there since 1964, when he was assigned by Sperry to its Washington office. He retired in 1984 after 42 years with the corporation.

Mr. Whall was a native of San Juan, Puerto Rico, and an engineering administration graduate of Texas A&M University. He began his career with Sperry Gyroscope Co. in 1942 as a field engineer in Great Neck, N.Y.

During World War II, he helped develop weapons guidance systems in Sperry's engineering division. He transferred to marketing in 1950 and rose to marketing manager in a period when the company became Sperry Rand.

He came to Washington as marketing manager and was promoted to assistant to the president in 1972, when he also became Washington director and U.S. regional marketing director.

While director here, he worked with the Navy on contracts for navigation and guidance systems and was a liaison to Congress.

Mr. Whall was a director and president of the Washington chapter of the National Security Industrial Association and was on the board of the Washington chapter of the American Defense Preparedness Association and the D.C. Council of the Navy League of the United States. He was an associate member of the Washington chapter of the United States Naval Institute.

He belonged to the Kenwood Golf and Country Club.

Survivors include his wife, Barbara DePass Whall; two sons, Clifford W. Whall Jr. of Hinsdale, Ill., and Jeffrey D. Whall of Silver Spring; and five grandchildren.


United Disposal Owner

Isidore "Irving" Hanin, 73, founder of United Disposal Corp., a Rockville refuse collection company, died Jan. 7 of cancer at George Washington University Hospital.

A resident of Potomac and North Miami Beach, Fla., Mr. Hanin operated his company from 1961 to 1984. The company in its earlier years collected the majority of residential refuse in Montgomery County.

Mr. Hanin was a native of Brooklyn, N.Y., and a veteran of World War II who had served as an Army staff sergeant in the South Pacific. He moved here after leaving the service.

Mr. Hanin was a manager for George's Radio and Television for 12 years before founding H. & M. Trucking, a storage and delivery company, in 1956. It was dissolved in 1961, the year United Disposal was started. Since 1984, Mr. Hanin had worked as a refuse removal and labor relations consultant.

Mr. Hanin was the holder of two patents, one for a special table for air-conditioning systems and the other for a configuration of rear-view mirrors on trucks.

He belonged to the Progress Club and also was a member of Almas Temple, Cornerstone Lodge and Scottish Rites of the Masons.

Survivors include his wife, Pearl Hanin of Potomac and North Miami Beach; two daughters, Marsha Freeberg of Potomac and Susan Eden of Owings Mills, Md.; a son, Elliott Hanin of Potomac; a brother, Norman Hanin of Tamarac, Fla.; a sister, Martha Smith of Flushing, N.Y.; and five grandchildren.


Mechanical Engineer

Clark Alexander Ritchie, 82, a mechanical engineer who specialized in medical instrumentation and the development of artificial heart pumps and valves, died of cancer Jan. 2 at Sibley Memorial Hospital.

Mr. Ritchie, who lived in Bethesda, was born in Kenmore, N.Y. He graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1931 and served in the 1930s aboard destroyers and the battleship Texas. He was retired on physical disability after having suffered two broken vertebrae, but then recalled to active duty during World War II and served in the Charleston Naval Shipyard.

After the war he taught mechanical engineering at the University of Buffalo and Erie Technical Institute, then in 1958 moved to Albuquerque, where he worked as a special weapons expert at Kirtland Air Force Base.

In 1960 Mr. Ritchie became a self-employed design and consulting engineer, specializing in heart research, initially in Albuquerque and then in Oklahoma City. He moved to the Washington area in 1979.

He was a member of Metropolitan Memorial United Methodist Church in Washington.

His first wife, Evelyn Hogan Ritchie, died in 1978.

Survivors include his wife, Gene Kincheloe Ritchie of Bethesda; his mother, Adeline Ritchie of Jacksonville, Fla.; three stepdaughters, Penelope Montgomery and Tanis Smith, both of Denver, and Mindy Parsons of Oklahoma City; and four grandchildren.


Office Manager

Jean Elaine Wisseman, 69, retired office manager for the Washington law firm of Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan, died of cancer Jan. 4 at Anne Arundel General Hospital.

Miss Wisseman, who lived in Edgewater, was born in Fort Hill, Pa. She attended Duff's Iron City Business College in Pittsburgh and moved to the Washington area in 1945.

She worked here as a freelance reporter, then as a civilian employee of the Air Force in a variety of administrative assignments in this area and in Hawaii, Johnston Island in the Pacific and in Ohio.

She returned to the Washington area in 1960 and worked for the air weather service and as an administrative assistant in the Military Air Transport Service. She became office manager at Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan in 1963. She retired there in 1986.

Survivors include two sisters, Carol Cornwall of Valencia, Pa., and Savanna Bowes of Monroeville, Pa.


Native Washingtonian

Margaret E. DuFour Macdonald, 52, a native Washingtonian and a graduate of Georgetown Visitation Convent, died of cancer Jan. 6 at a hospital in Overbrook, Pa.

Mrs. Macdonald attended Marymount College in New York, the London School of Economics and what is now Catholic University Law School. In the early 1960s she was a member of the religious Order of the Sacred Heart of Mary.

She left the order and moved to the Philadelphia area in 1966. Most recently she was a resident of Bryn Mawr, Pa., and was active in Republican Party politics.

Survivors include her husband, Paul E. Macdonald, and four children, Edward P. Macdonald, Margaret D. Macdonald, Aindrea T. Macdonald and Teresa C. Macdonald, all of Bryn Mawr; two brothers, Damien DuFour of Bethesda and Maurice DuFour of Chevy Chase; and a sister, Marie Theresa Maurer of Winnetka, Ill.


Funeral Director

George B. Minor, 72, a funeral director at McGuire Funeral Home for the last 45 years, died Jan. 7 of a heart attack at Washington Hospital Center.

A native of Washington and a graduate of Cardozo High School, Mr. Minor attended Howard University.

He worked at Jarvis Funeral Home, the Palis Royal department store and the Government Printing Office before joining McGuire.

Mr. Minor had been head usher at St. Gabriel's Catholic Church in the District for 20 years.

Survivors include his wife, Gretchen B. Minor of Washington; two sons, Ronald Minor of Lanham and Michael Minor of Washington; three daughters, Erma L. Ivy of Silver Spring, Evelyn R. Jones of Upper Marlboro and Gretchen A. Leftrict of Fairfax; a sister, Maude E. Hughes of Washington; and nine grandchildren.


Naval Weapons Supervisor

Charles M. Meredith, 66, a retired superintendent of public works at the Naval Surface Weapons Center in White Oak, died Jan. 7 of congestive heart failure at Holy Cross Hospital. He had lived in Silver Spring since 1962.

A native of Johnstown, Pa., Mr. Meredith served with the Army in India and Burma during World War II. He was a welder with Bethlehem Steel in Johnstown for 15 years after the war.

He started as a carpenter at the Naval Surface Weapons Center and was superintendent of maintenance shops and other facilities during his last five years there. He retired in 1985.

Mr. Meredith was active with the Boy Scouts for 18 years, as both a scoutmaster and district commissioner for the National Capital Area Council. He was commander of American Legion Post 68 in Brookville for two years.

He was a baseball and football coach for the Wheaton Boys Club, a member of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Silver Spring and belonged to the Knights of Columbus.

Survivors include his wife, Margaret Meredith of Silver Spring; two sons, Kenneth James Meredith of Silver Spring and Alex Meredith of Richmond; three brothers, Wilbur Meredith, Jack Meredith and Ronald Meredith all of Johnstown, Pa.; a sister, Betty Grove of Johnstown; and a granddaughter.


Army Master Sergeant

Robert G. Wible III, 58, a retired Army master sergeant, died Dec. 29 at Doctors Hospital in Lanham after a heart attack. He had lived in Bowie since 1977.

Sgt. Wible retired from the Army Security Agency in Honolulu in 1970 after a 21-year career with the military.

He was a native of Princeton, N.J., and saw combat during the Korean War, when he was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star. After the war, he was posted in Korea, Japan and the United States.

In the 1960s, Sgt. Wible worked for the Army Security Agency in Fairbanks, Alaska, and at Arlington Hall before being assigned to Honolulu in 1966.

After his retirement, he attended the University of Hawaii and worked as a chemist for Standard Oil Co. until 1975.

Sgt. Wible belonged to the Collington Lodge of the Masons in Bowie, was a 32nd-degree Mason in the Scottish Rite and was a Shriner with the Almas Temple.

His marriages to Joan Wible and Lola Wible ended in divorce. He is survived by his companion, Catherine Beiss of Bowie; three children from his first marriage, Donna Covino, David Covino and Robert Covino, of New Brunswick, N.J.; his mother, Lillian Piscopo, and a sister, Katherine Dalton, both of Sebastian, Fla.; and a brother, Kenneth Wible of Boston.


Design Studio Official

Mary Love Watson, 69, retired secretary-treasurer of William Watson & Associates, a Bethesda graphic design studio, died Dec. 30 of acute leukemia at Montgomery General Hospital. She lived at Leisure World in Silver Spring.

A native of Wilson, N.C., Mrs. Watson moved to Washington in 1924. She was a graduate of Roosevelt High School.

Prior to World War II, Mrs. Watson worked for the Chesapeake & Potomac Telephone Co. as an operator and at the federal Office of Price Administration as a secretary.

She was associated for 25 years with the design studio of her husband, William D. Watson, until she retired in 1985.

In addition to her husband, of Silver Spring, she is survived by two daughters, Carla Watson Borzellino of Warrenton, Va., and Pamela Parker Elliott of Cockeysville, Md.; a brother, Carl Weston Parker of Silver Spring; and three grandsons.


Assistant Treasury Secretary

Sidney Sokol, 77, a career Treasury Department official who was assistant secretary from 1971 to 1973, died Dec. 30 of cancer at the New York University Medical Center in New York. He had lived in Manhattan for about 16 years.

A New York City native, Mr. Sokol moved in 1950 to Washington, where he held various Treasury jobs before becoming commissioner of the Bureau of Accounts in 1965. He was a certified public accountant by profession, and had received a bachelor's degree and master's degree in business administration from the City College of New York.

Survivors include his wife, Evelyn Gold Sokol; and two daughters, Marilyn Sokol and Bernice Kramer, and two grandchildren, all of New York City.