Richard S. Kotite, a retired Army brigadier general and highly decorated veteran of three wars who was executive director of the law firm of Arent Fox Kintner Plotkin and Kahn, died of cancer Feb. 11 at his home in Reston. He was 64.

An infantry officer, Gen. Kotite retired from the Army in 1977 and moved to Reston. His last post was as assistant deputy chief of staff for operations of the Army Force Command at Fort McPherson, Ga. He had been director of the law firm since 1979.

Gen. Kotite was a native of Buffalo and a graduate of the University of Nebraska at Omaha. He had a master's degree in international affairs from George Washington University, and he attended the National War College.

He joined the Army in 1945, and served in Europe during World War II. He later served in the Korean War and for two tours of duty in Vietnam.

His assignments after the Vietnam War included Fort Lewis, Wash., and two assignments at the Pentagon, where he worked in the office of the deputy chief of staff for operations from 1970 to 1974.

Gen. Kotite's military decorations included the Distinguished Service Cross, the Bronze Star with combat "V," the Legion of Merit, the Purple Heart, the Army Commendation Ribbon and the Soldiers Medal.

He is survived by his wife, Mary W. Kotite of Reston; two daughters, Norma Hamm of Wayne, Pa., and Elizabeth Henion of Austin, Tex; a son, Richard Kotite of Reston; a sister, Phyllis Kotite of Paris; and five grandchildren.


Falls Church Resident

Margaret Sierra Moore, 83, a Falls Church resident, died of lung ailments Feb. 11 at Arlington Hospital.

Mrs. Moore was born in New York City. She accompanied her husband, retired Air Force Col. Roger W. Moore, to various locations in the United States and overseas when he was on active duty. They had lived in Panama, Japan and Hawaii, where Mrs. Moore wrote a column for the Honolulu Advertiser newspaper.

In 1964 they moved from Honolulu to Falls Church.

In addition to her husband of 58 years, of Falls Church, survivors include four children, Helen McMillan of Springfield, Cynthia Bond of Honolulu, Virginia Moore of Falls Church and Roger A.C. Moore of St. Louis; and seven grandchildren.


FBI Special Agent

Alekso Poptanich, 66, a retired supervisory special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, died of cancer Feb. 11 at Washington Adventist Hospital. He lived in College Park.

Mr. Poptanich retired from the FBI in 1979 after 28 years. A longtime special agent in the Washington field office, his last three years with the bureau were spent at FBI headquarters, where he handled Freedom of Information Act requests.

Mr. Poptanich, a native of Newburgh, N.Y., served during World War II in the Marine Corps in the Pacific, including action at Guadalcanal. He graduated from the University of Maryland in 1951 and joined the FBI that year. He served until 1952 in the bureau's Detroit and Chicago offices, doing criminal investigations.

Assigned to the Washington office in 1952, he was appointed a special agent for counter-espionage.

For eight years after he retired from the FBI, Mr. Poptanich worked part time as a residential real estate agent in Prince George's County.

Mr. Poptanich was past president of the Georgetown Kiwanis Club and lieutenant governor of the Capital District of Kiwanis International. He belonged to the FBI Post of the American Legion.

His first wife, Loreen Poptanich, died in 1978.

Survivors include his wife, Margot Poptanich of College Park; three children from his first marriage, Keith and Joyce Poptanich, both of Adelphi, and Stephanie Merson of Monrovia, Md.; two stepdaughters, Janice Morgan of College Park and Rosemary Cossette of Kensington; a stepson, Tony Alessandro of Bowie; two brothers, John Poptanich of Atwater, Calif., and Joseph Poptanich of Cornwall, N.Y.; two sisters, Stella Di Eduardo of Newburgh, N.Y., and Catherine Price of Springfield; 10 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.



George Martin Roth, 82, a real estate and securities investor who was a retired Navy commander, died Feb. 9 at Sibley Memorial Hospital after a stroke. He lived in Washington.

He entered the Navy in 1943 and served in the Pacific during World War II. When he retired from active duty in 1954, he was working at the Navy's Bureau of Personnel. Since then, he had been a private investor.

Mr. Roth, who was a native of Washington, was a 1931 graduate of George Washington University, where he sang on its champion glee club and wrote a school song. He was a member of the university's Luther Rice Society.

He leaves no immediate survivors.


Linen Draper

Robert William Willett Jr., 59, manager of the Walpole Linens store in Chevy Chase, died of cancer Feb. 10 at Sibley Memorial Hospital.

Mr. Willett, a lifelong resident of Arlington, worked for the Walpole company for more than 30 years. He supplied table linens to the White House during the Eisenhower and Kennedy administrations, and and supplied curtains for the Lincoln bedroom in the White House.

He graduated from Washington-Lee High School in Arlington, and served in the Navy for seven years in the late 1940s and early 1950s. When he returned from the service, he worked briefly as a dance instructor for Arthur Murray Studios.

Survivors include his companion of 31 years, Richard Lillybridge of Arlington; and two brothers, Tilden Willett of Gainesville, Va., and Edward Willett of Wilmington, N.C.


Alliance Director

Curt Clinkscales III, 45, national director of the National Alliance of Senior Citizens, died of cancer Feb. 12 at his home in Arlington.

Mr. Clinkscales was born in Greenville, S.C. He graduated from Clemson University, then served as an Air Force pilot in Vietnam.

He came to Washington in 1972 and received a master's degree in constitutional law from Georgetown University. He began working for the National Alliance for Senior Citizens in 1974.

Survivors include his parents, F.V. and Ruth Clinkscales; and two brothers, Roger and Van Clinkscales, all of Greenville.



Gertrude Dyre Parsons, 87, retired organist at Emory United Methodist Church in Washington, died of heart ailments Feb. 10 at Montgomery General Hospital.

Mrs. Parsons, who lived at Leisure World in Silver Spring, was born in Washington. She graduated from Central High School and Washington College of Music.

She was organist at Emory United Methodist Church from 1926 until 1976. She also gave piano concerts in the Washington area. She was a former president of the Washington chapter of the music society Mu Phi Epsilon and a member of the Friday Morning Music Club.

Mrs. Parsons played piano and organ for the Fun and Fancy Theater Group at Leisure World.

Her marriage to Howard Parsons ended in divorce.

She leaves no immediate survivors.