Baron Edmond de Rothschild, 71, a philanthropist, international financier and member of the Rothschild banking dynasty whose personal holdings had included famous Bordeaux vineyards, died of emphysema Nov. 2 in Geneva.

The baron's father, a Jewish senator in France during World War II, had moved the family to Geneva after voting against the pro-Nazi Vichy regime.

The baron was president of the family's Geneva-based bank and financial companies, as well as the Luxembourg-based Leicom Fund. He also was the former president of Israel General Bank in Tel Aviv, the Israeli-based Caesarea Development Corp. Ltd. and other companies.

Like the Rockefellers in the United States, the Rothschilds have played a major role in French business and culture. They helped make Paris one of the most significant financial capitals in Europe and are well known for their wineries in the Bordeaux region, including the baron's Chateau Clark.

With their vast wealth, the family acquired first-rate art and period furnishings, much of which has been donated to French museums such as the Louvre.

Baron Rothschild was believed to be the richest member of the family that has been the symbol of wealth in France for nearly two centuries. Over the years, he donated tens of millions of dollars to hospitals, museums and the state of Israel. He also was an enthusiastic art collector. His Chateau de Pregny in Geneva was so packed with valuable works that it resembled an art museum.

He was named an Officer of the Legion of Honor in 1994 and of the Arts and Letters in 1990.

Baron Edmond Adolphe Maurice Jules Jacques de Rothschild was born in Paris on Sept. 30, 1926, the son of banker Baron Maurice Rothschild and Noemie Halphen. He was educated at the University of Geneva and a law school in Paris.

He married former actress Nadine Tallier in 1963. Their son, Benjamin, will succeed the baron as president of the Paris holding firm Compagnie Financiere Holding Benjamin et Edmond de Rothschild. STEPHEN P. GERARDI Treasury Official

Stephen Patrick Gerardi, 91, a retired Treasury Department official who was active in Catholic organizations, died Nov. 1 at Suburban Hospital. He had a heart ailment.

Mr. Gerardi began his government career in 1925 as a Library of Congress messenger, then transferred to Treasury in 1926 as a clerk-stenographer. He rose through the ranks, retiring in 1965 as deputy commissioner of accounts. He also had served as treasurer of the department's Federal Credit Union and as president of the recreation association.

He had been a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Bethesda since 1950 and had served as Holy Name Society president and Loyola Retreat Camp captain. A 4th-degree Knight of Columbus, he had served as grand knight of its Rock Creek Council.

Mr. Gerardi, a Washington native, was a 1925 graduate of Eastern High School and was a founding member and past president of the the school's Eastern Fifty-Plus alumni group. He was a 1931 graduate of Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service, and he received a master's degree in political science from American University and a law degree, by correspondence, from LaSalle University. He also attended the National War College.

Survivors include his wife of 67 years, Marie Miller Gerardi, of Bethesda; three daughters, Marie Gerardi Bolton of Grantsville, Md., Margaret Gerardi Casey of Potomac and Ann Gerardi Long of Gaithersburg; 10 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. GEORGE J. MAC' McTIGUE Defense Relations Manager

George J. Mac' McTigue, 72, an aeronautical engineer who retired in 1969 as manager of defense relations for General Electric Co., died Nov. 2 at the home of a daughter in Silver Spring. He had cancer.

Mr. McTigue lived in the Washington area off and on from 1949 to 1993, when he moved from the District to Kingston, Pa.

He worked for GE for about 20 years and was a consultant after he retired.

Mr. McTigue was a native of Huntington, W.Va., and a graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He served in the Air Transport Command of the Army Air Forces in the China-Burma-India theater during World War II and was recalled to duty in the Air Force during the Berlin airlift. His honors included a Bronze Star.

Between military assignments, he was technical advisor to the operations manager of Pan American-Grace Airways in Lima, Peru.

Mr. McTigue was president of the National Aviation Club, a fellow of the Royal Aeronautics Society and a member of the American Institute for Aeronautics, the Congressional Country Club and Burning Tree Club.

His wife, Martha Bobitt McTigue, died in 1989.

Survivors include five children, Martha E. Mack of Kingston, Pa., Margaret E. Olsson of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Susan B. Redkey of Seattle, George J. McTigue III of Arlington, Wash., and Katherine M. Reed of Silver Spring; a brother, Dr. John W. McTigue of Washington; nine grandchildren; and a great-grandson. STANLEY C. LACH Security Officer

Stanley C. Lach, 76, who served on the security staff of the Central Intelligence Agency for 25 years before retiring in 1976, died of pneumonia Oct. 24 at Commonwealth Care Nursing Center in Fairfax County. He lived in Fairfax.

Mr. Lach, who came to the Washington area in 1948, was a Pennsylvania native. He served with the Army Air Forces in India during World War II and graduated from Southeastern University in 1951. From 1948 to 1952, he worked for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, where he was a Polish language translator and fingerprint classifier.

He was a member of St. Leo's Catholic Church in Fairfax and Toastmasters International. He had been active in the Country Club Hills Neighborhood Crime Watch in Fairfax.

Survivors include his wife of 49 years, Jean, of Fairfax; a daughter, Joyce Schauer of Milford, Mass.; a sister, Cashmira Lach of Dickson City, Pa.; and two granddaughters. ALLAN A. MERINE Entrepreneur

Allan A. Merine, 91, a real estate investor and former owner of restaurants in Washington and Baltimore, died Nov. 3 at Suburban Hospital after hip surgery. He lived in Chevy Chase.

From the 1940s through the 1960s, he owned several area restaurants. They included Bonats on Vermont Avenue NW and the New England Raw Bar on Maine Avenue SW, both in the District, and Champs in Baltimore.

Mr. Merine, who was born in London, came to this country when he was 2 years old and grew up in Kingston, N.Y. He came to Washington in 1940 and lived in the District before moving to Chevy Chase about eight years ago.

He was a 1928 graduate of Cornell University, where he was starting guard on the varsity basketball team, and served in the Army during World War II.

Mr. Merine was a member of the Washington Hebrew Congregation, the Variety Club of Washington and Woodmont Country Club.

His wife of 53 years, the former Helen Maidy, died in 1995.

Survivors include two daughters, Kathryn Merine Gurfein of Rye, N.Y., and Marla Merine Baker of Bethesda; two half brothers, Daniel Weisberg of San Francisco and Irving Weisberg of North Miami, Fla.; a half sister, Rose Weisberg of Rockville; and five grandchildren. MILTON SINGMAN FBI Agent

Milton Singman, 84, a Federal Bureau of Investigation agent for 35 years before retiring in the 1960s, died of a heart ailment Nov. 1 at the Manor Care nursing home in Chevy Chase. He had homes in Washington and Hollywood, Fla.

In addition to serving in Washington, he had served with the bureau in Nashville, New York and Newark. An accountant, he had investigated cases involving fraud and bankruptcy. After retiring from the FBI, he was an investigatory accountant with the Agency for International Development until retiring altogether in the mid-1970s.

Mr. Singman, who was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., grew up in Washington. He graduated from Benjamin Franklin University.

His hobbies included basketball and tennis.

Survivors include his wife, Yetta, of Washington and Hollywood; two daughters, Pauleen Sarkin of Stuart, Fla., and Lorraine Lewis of Carrboro, N.C.; and two grandchildren. CECELIA L. YEATMAN Longtime Resident

Cecelia Lockwood Yeatman, 91, a former telegrapher and a longtime area resident, died Oct. 31 at her home in Leisure World in Silver Spring. She had a heart ailment.

Mrs. Yeatman was born in Philadelphia, raised in Washington and lived in Wheaton from 1939 until moving to Silver Spring in 1981. She became a Western Union telegrapher as a teenager and worked at that trade until her marriage to Rudolph H. Yeatman Jr., in 1929.

She was a member of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church at Leisure World and the Manor Country Club. Her hobbies included golf and fox hunting.

Her husband died in 1980.

Survivors include three sons, Rudolph III, of College Park, Francis E., of Rockville, and William K., of Brunswick, Maine; a daughter, Cecelia M. Yeatman of Hot Springs, Ark.; a brother, Edward Lockwood of Arlington; three sisters, Sister Clementine Lockwood of Emmittsburg, Md., Elizabeth Hisle of Boynton Beach, Fla., and Rita Wallace of Silver Spring; 13 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren. LOUISE A. WILLEY Church Member

Louise Abell Willey, 94, a former secretary and volunteer worker who had been a member of Catholic Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament since 1949, died of cancer Nov. 2 at Suburban Hospital. She lived in Chevy Chase.

Mrs. Willey, who came to Washington in 1919, was born in Leonardtown. From the mid-1920s until 1935, she worked for C&P Telephone Co., where she became secretary to the president.

After her marriage to James A. Willey in 1935, she began doing charitable and volunteer work for such groups as the Red Cross and the United Way and for her church, as well as for civic groups.

In addition to her husband, of Chevy Chase, survivors include a daughter, Anne Kelleher of Larchmont, N.Y.; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. LEAH B. CATES Editor

Leah B. Cates, 41, an editor at the General Accounting Office from 1989 to 1994 who earlier had worked at the Department of Education, died Nov. 2 at George Washington University Hospital. She had a heart ailment.

Ms. Cates, who lived in Falls Church, moved to the Washington area in the early 1980s. She wrote poetry, articles and essays for publications that included The Washington Post and Meridian magazine, and she contributed to a book, "Unsilenced: The Spirit of Women."

She was a native of Little Rock and a graduate of Southwest Missouri State University. She did graduate work in journalism at the University of Missouri and received a master's degree in psychology from Peabody College in Tennessee.

Survivors include her husband of two years, William Sparling of Falls Church; her mother and stepfather, Agatha and Harris Farmer, both of Dennard, Ark.; two sisters, Rita Moore of Topeka, Kan., and Julia Cates of Silver Spring; a brother, Karl Cates of Midland, Utah; and three half brothers, Stanley Park of New Orleans, and Steven Park and Donald Park, both of Springfield, Mo. MINNIE LOU SWISHER Legal Secretary

Minnie Lou Swisher, 77, a retired secretary and office manager who had worked for what became the Washington law firm of Jackson & Campbell for 37 years before retiring in 1986, died of breast cancer Nov. 2 at a nursing facility in Crystal City, Fla. She lived in Inverness, Fla.

She had been a chapter president of the Business and Professional Women's Association and a chapter treasurer of the American Association of Retired Persons. A dedicated Washington Redskins fan, she had taken bus trips to games in Philadelphia and New York to see the team play.

Mrs. Swisher, who was born in Kentucky, settled in Washington after World War II service in the Women's Army Corps. She moved to Florida in the late 1980s.

Her marriage to Robert Swisher ended in divorce.

Survivors include a stepson, Robert L. Swisher of Sterling Park, and a sister, Ginni McAlexander Coe of Floral City, Fla. STEPHEN A. KOCZAK Foreign Service Officer

Stephen Andrew Koczak, 79, a retired Foreign Service officer and former union official who had served as president of the Federation of Citizens Association from 1974 to 1982, died Oct. 15 at his home in Washington. He had a heart ailment.

Mr. Koczak, who was born in Trenton, N.J., graduated from Harvard University in 1942 and served with the Army in Europe during World War II. He joined the Foreign Service in 1946, serving in Budapest, from which he was expelled. He also served in Bonn and Tel Aviv. He retired in 1965 after serving as a political officer in Berlin. From 1965 until retiring altogether in the 1980s, he was research director of the American Federation of Government Employees.

Survivors include his wife of 43 years, Anna, of Washington; three daughters, Andrea Young of Chevy Chase, Christina Koczak of Rockville and Gabriela Sheppard of Dallas; and 11 grandchildren. BYRON FIELDING Editor

Byron Fielding, 63, a newsletter editor who retired in 1992 after 19 years with Housing Affairs Letter and Community Development Digest, died of a heart attack Oct. 31 at Georgetown University Hospital. He lived in Washington.

Mr. Fielding was a native of Pittsburgh and a graduate of Pennsylvania State University. He had served in the Navy.

He began his career as sports editor of the West Chester Times in Pennsylvania and later worked for the Associated Press in Richmond. He moved to the Washington area in the 1960s to work on the editorial staff of the National Education Association. He worked for the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials before joining CD Publications in 1973.

He was a member of the National Press Club.

His marriages to Ann Fielding and Jayne Fielding ended in divorce.

Survivors include two children from his second marriage and a sister. ISABEL BABSON HENRY KIRKPATRICK Businesswoman

Isabel Babson Henry Kirkpatrick, 97, co-owner from 1952 to the late 1970s of Mary Elizabeth Gowns, a shop on Connecticut Avenue NW, died of congestive heart failure Nov. 3 at the home of a grandson in Potomac. She had lived in Gaithersburg.

She was a fourth-generation Washingtonian and a graduate of Western High School.

Her first husband, E. Stanton Henry, died in 1956, and her second husband, Harry Kirkpatrick, died in 1984.

Survivors include two children from her first marriage, Elizabeth Henry Junkin of Bethany Beach, Del., and Edwin S. Henry of Berwyn, Pa.; six grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren. THOMAS B. LAMOND Realtor

Thomas B. Lamond, 55, owner for about 25 years of Thomas B. Lamond Realtors in Chevy Chase, died Nov. 1 at his Chevy Chase home. He had a heart ailment.

Mr. Lamond was born in Washington and raised in Bethesda. He was a graduate of Walter Johnson High School and the University of Maryland. He served in the Army Reserve. Early in his career, he worked for the H.A. Gill & Son real estate company.

Mr. Lamond was a member of the Fathers Club at Stone Ridge Country Day School, a trustee of Mater Dei School in Bethesda and a member of the executive committee of Columbia Country Club and the board of the regional Catholic Youth Organization. He also was a volunteer at Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School and Episcopal High School.

His marriage to Betsy Walker Lamond ended in divorce.

Survivors include two children, Elizabeth B. Lamond of Bethesda and Thomas Walker Lamond of Chevy Chase; a brother, Angus "Smokey" Lamond of Chevy Chase; and three sisters, Stacey Shaver of Scottsdale, Ariz., Jeanne Hall of Naples, Fla., and Linda Daysh of Sarasota, Fla. DOROTHY G. GOODNEY Classifications Officer

Dorothy G. Goodney, 77, retired chief classifications officer at the National Labor Relations Board, died of congestive heart failure Nov. 1 at a hospital in her native Worcester, Mass. She had lived in Washington since 1941 and had a second home in Worcester.

Miss Goodney was a graduate of Fairchild Business School in Worcester who attended George Washington University. She worked in Washington initially for the Office of Price Administration during World War II and later did personnel work at the Commerce Department. She retired from the NLRB in the late 1980s and returned there to work part time for several years.

She attended St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church in Washington.

Survivors include two sisters and a brother.