MARYLAND Man Pleads Not Guilty to 3 Slayings A Bowie man charged with killing three young women from the District on a rural road near Beltsville three years ago pleaded not guilty yesterday in U.S. District Court in Greenbelt to federal murder, kidnapping and gun charges. During his arraignment, Willis Mark Haynes, 21, waived his right for a bond hearing but reserved the right to ask for one later. U.S. Magistrate Judge Charles B. Day ordered that Haynes, who was arrested in October on drug charges, remain in custody. Haynes was indicted by a federal grand jury last month on charges of murdering and kidnapping Tamika Black, 19; Tanji Jackson, 21; and Mishann Chinn, 23, on Jan. 27, 1996. They were gunned down on a remote part of Route 197 on federal land. The grand jury also indicted Dustin John Higgs, 26, of Laurel, on kidnapping, murder and weapons charges in the slayings. A third suspect, Victor Gloria, 24, of Laurel, last month pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the fact in the slayings. Higgs and Gloria are in jail on drug charges. Haynes's trial is scheduled to begin March 2. THE DISTRICT Officer Indicted in Bribery Case A District police officer was indicted yesterday on charges that he took a bribe to return a seized truck to a suspected drug dealer, even though the vehicle was supposed to remain impounded as part of an investigation. Wallace S. Najiy II also is accused of concealing cocaine that could have been linked to the suspect, prosecutors said. Then, as part of a later coverup, he lied on police reports and to his supervisors, prosecutors said. Authorities said Najiy accepted a bribe and helped the suspect through a middleman, Clement F. Brown, a longtime criminal defense investigator. Brown was charged on 10 counts of conspiracy, bribery, obstruction of justice and fraud in the indictment returned by a grand jury in U.S. District Court. Both men remain free pending arraignments. Najiy, 36, a vice officer in the 4th District who joined the police department in 1988, was placed on administrative leave in February 1996, and last month he was suspended without pay. He was charged with 17 counts, including conspiracy, bribery, obstruction of justice, fraud, tampering with evidence and forgery. Access Granted to Weston's Records A federal judge yesterday granted prosecutors access to psychiatric records concerning Russell Eugene Weston Jr., the former mental patient accused of killing two U.S. Capitol police officers last summer. U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan said it was important to provide both the prosecution and defense with information about Weston's mental history. A court-appointed psychiatrist recently determined that Weston is not yet mentally fit for trial on murder and other charges in the July 24 slayings of officers Jacob J. Chestnut and John M. Gibson, and Weston's mental state likely will become a critical issue if his case ever does proceed. VIRGINIA Man Convicted in Girlfriend's Death A 26-year-old Woodlawn area man who was convicted of stabbing his girlfriend to death was sentenced yesterday to 40 years in prison by a Fairfax County Circuit Court judge. Prosecutors took Troy A. Demar to trial three times in the Feb. 28 killing of Christine Allen. Allen, 23, was stabbed numerous times in her apartment in the 3900 block of El Camino Place. In September, Demar testified that he did not kill Allen, and the jury could not reach a verdict. In October, problems with a juror resulted in a mistrial. At his third trial, in November, Demar did not testify. The jury found him guilty of second-degree murder and recommended the maximum sentence, which Circuit Court Judge Robert W. Wooldridge Jr. imposed. Defense Worker Gets Jail for E-Mail A former civilian employee of the Defense Information Systems Agency was sentenced yesterday to thirty days in jail for flooding his former boss's e-mail account with 50 or more unwanted communications a day. Trung Ngo, 32, is thought to be one of the first people imprisoned under a law prohibiting "repeated telecommunications harassment." He was apparently angry about a 1995 performance evaluation that rated him "Highly Successful" rather than "Outstanding," according to documents filed in Alexandria federal court. In sentencing Ngo to jail plus one year of probation, U.S. District Judge Albert V. Bryan Jr. rejected the argument that Ngo was simply playing a prank on James Gress.