Ever wonder what's being built -- or what a developer proposes to build -- on the vacant land around the corner?
Using information provided by the county Planning Department, Extra gives you a monthly update on planned homes, office buildings, shopping centers and other development.
The map and chart identify planned projects, by magisterial districts, that were processed in April.
Site Disturbance Permits
1. Dominion Cassion Corp., 11101 Industrial Rd. Equipment storage and repair yard.
2. Simpson Unlimited, 11101 Industrial Rd. Site plan for office/warehouse.
3. Weber Properties, 11101 Industrial Rd. Site plan for office/warehouse.
4. Ashland, 15625 Dumfries Rd. Final site plan for 57 single-family homes.
5. VFW Post No. 1503, 14631 Minnieville Rd. Revision to expand building, relocate sewers, install roof drain, reduce occupancy and parking and provide erosion prevention measures.
6. Winding Creek Recreation Center, 14721 Minnieville Rd. Revision to pool size, parking and minor grading.
7. Gainesville Professional Building, 7521 Virginia Oaks Dr. Site plan for professional office building.
8. Piedmont, 6205 Old Carolina Rd. Final plan for 95 single-family homes.
9. Robic Trucking, 7800 Wellingford Dr. 3,600-square-foot newspaper distribution center.
10. Crossroads Village, 6900 Catharpin Rd. Final plan for 70 town houses, removal of 11 lots and addition of day-care facility.
11. 7-Eleven at Madison Farms, 13600 Madison Farm Rd. Convenience store with gasoline sales.
12. Executive Moving Systems, 1250 Featherstone Rd. Administrative approval of warehouse.
13. Potomac Hospital, 2300 Opitz Blvd. Construction of a new 80,000-square-foot medical building.
14. River Oaks Commercial, 16555 River Ridge Blvd. 929-square-meter day-care center.
15. Kinnick Property, 7032 Token Valley Rd. Rezone from agricultural to semi-rural residential to build two single-family homes.
16. Payne Financial Services, 8609 Sudley Rd. Rezone to allow the construction of two buildings instead of one.
17. Comfort Motor Inc., 14524 Jefferson Davis Hwy. Allow the use of motor vehicle sales.
18. Commercial Scapes, 11725 Bristow Rd. Allow a landscaping service.
19. Prince William Carwash and Self-Storage, 8119 Leland Rd. Allow a self-storage facility in rear of existing car wash.
20. Willow Springs Towing, 11201 Industrial Rd. Rezone from light industrial to industrial/transportation for motor vehicle impoundment lot and temporary storage facility.
21. Bell Atlantic Mobile, 5901 Davis Ford Rd. Allow use of a telecommunications facility.
22. Exxon at Staples Mill, 14635 Spriggs Rd. Allow a gas station with quick-service food store.
23. Christian Hope Center, 14747 Arizona Ave. Allow expansion of existing church.
(This graphic was not available)