Strawberry Festivals Set
* College Park United Methodist Church will host its annual Strawberry Festival at 7 p.m. Saturday in its Fellowship Hall. The event features children's games, a crafts sale and a hamburger or hot dog dinner, with one choice of strawberry dessert. Admission is $7 for adults, $3.50 for children between the ages of 6 and 12 or $16 for a family. Children younger than 6 will be admitted free. The church is at 9601 Rhode Island Ave. in College Park. For more information, call 301-345-1010 mornings.
* Riverdale Presbyterian Church's Strawberry Festival will be Sunday, from 4 to 6 p.m. For a small donation benefiting local charities, the public can sample ice cream, strawberries, cake and lemonade. At 6 p.m., musicians from the church will perform their "Music at Riverdale" free concert, featuring the UP Women's Chorus. Riverdale Presbyterian Church is at 6513 Queens Chapel Rd. in University Park. For more information, call 301-779-8380.
Patuxent Knights Win Awards
The Patuxent Council No. 2203 of the Knights of Columbus, in Laurel, won several awards at the 101st Annual Maryland State Convention of the Knights of Columbus recently held in Ocean City. Patuxent, which serves the parishes of Resurrection of Our Lord and St. Mary of the Mills Catholic churches, won first place among all 128 Knights of Columbus councils in the state for best church activity of the year.
The activity, a Vocations Awareness Roundtable Panel Discussion held at St. Mary on Jan. 24, allowed teens and their parents to discuss religious vocations with a panel of priests, nuns, brothers and lay religious leaders. The council will compete for the international award for best church activity of the year, to be given at the 117th Annual Supreme Convention of the Knights of Columbus in Minneapolis in August. In addition to its first-place victory, the council finished second in its category for membership development and for its newsletter, and third in the best community activity of the year category for its Human Needs Project, in which food is obtained from area merchant donors and delivered to charities.
Flea Markets and Yard Sales
* Largo Community Church Youth Ministries will host a community flea market and craft fair Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Proceeds from the event will benefit the church's youth mission trip to Jamaica next month. The Largo Community Church is at 1701 Enterprise Rd. in Mitchellville. For more information, call 301-249-2255.
* Good Samaritan Lutheran Church will hold a yard sale Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The sale will feature supervised activities for children, a technical book exchange booth and a computer section with experts available. The church is at 10110 Greenbelt Rd. in Lanham. For more information, call 301-794-7300.
* Hyattsville Presbyterian Church will have a yard sale and flea market on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tables are $10. The church is at 3120 Nicholson St. Call 301-559-7422 for more information.
* Unity Presbyterian Church in Camp Springs will hold a church and community yard sale Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The church is at 4401 Brinkley Rd. Call 301-448-7686.
Dance Recital Scheduled
Spirit Wings Dance Studio and Company's spring recital, "His Love Brings Healing--The Power of Forgiveness," will be presented Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 5 p.m. at the Evangel Church, west of Bowie. The church is at 13901 Central Ave., near Six Flags theme park. For tickets or more information, call 301-390-1495.