Ever wonder what's being built--or what a developer proposes to build--on the vacant land around the corner?
Using information provided by the county Planning Department, Extra gives you a monthly update on planned homes, office buildings, shopping centers and other development.
The map and chart identify planned projects, by magisterial districts, that were processed in June.
SITE DISTURBANCE PERMITS
1. Kingsbrooke, 8750 Linton Hall Rd. 61 single-family houses.
2. Roseberry, 9204 Birmingham Dr. 46 single-family houses.
3. Signal Hill Elementary School, 9553 Birmingham Dr. Construction of elementary school.
4. Vista Brooke, 12208 Purcell Rd. 35 single-family houses.
5. Kahns Road Elementary School, 12505 Kahns Rd. Addition of a classroom.
6. Reserve at Crooked Creek, 6037 River Forest Dr. 30 single-family houses.
7. Southlake at Montclair, 5061 Higgins Dr. 49 single-family houses.
8. Paradise Elementary School, 8000 Rodes Dr. Addition of a classroom.
9. Price Club, 10701 Sudley Manor Dr. Addition to existing building of 22,280 square feet.
10. Virginia Gateway Commuter Parking Lot, 7805 Linton Hall Rd. Grading and erosion control for temporary commuter lot.
11. CVS Pharmacy at Tacketts Mill, 2200 Tacketts Mill Dr. Construction of pharmacy and drive-thru window.
12. Aquinas School at Our Lady of Angels Catholic Church, 13752 Marys Way. Building addition to existing school of 1,333 square feet and two modular unit classrooms.
13. Gainesville Amoco, 14673 Lee Hwy. Allow use of a motor vehicle fuel sales, service and convenience store.
14. Midwood PBD, 15609 John Marshall Hwy. Rezone from agriculture to planned business district (mixed residential).
15. Fraternal Order of Police, 12575 Bristow Dr. Allow use of a civic club.
16. Exxon at Ashland, 15625 Dumfries Rd. Allow use of a motor vehicle fuel sales and convenience store and a sign plan.
17. Reines RV and Auto Sales, 10850 Balls Ford. Allow addition of auto sales, service and repair to existing business.
18. Dale City RPC, 5431 Quinn Lane. Rezone 5.2 acres from open space to utility and from agriculture to medium-density residential.
19. Parkway Professional Building, 12700 Black Forest Lane. Rezone from agriculture to mid-rise office.
20. Jiffy Lube Garber Property, 13310 Minnieville Rd. Allow use of a motor vehicle service with three or fewer work bays.
21. Lindsay Chevrolet, 15694 Blackburn Rd. Rezone from agriculture to general business to allow use of motor vehicle repair, sales, rentals and leases.