Ever wonder about what's being built -- or what a developer proposes to build -- on the vacant land around the corner? This feature is intended to provide an easy way for you to learn about planned development throughout Calvert County.
Using information provided by the Calvert County Department of Planning and Zoning and incorporated towns, Southern Maryland Extra gives you a monthly update on planned subdivisions, office buildings, shopping centers and other development. The map and chart identify planned projects, by areas, that were processed by officials in June.
The status of the projects is described in three categories:
Projects Proposed, Preliminary Plans/Site Plans/Concept Plans Proposed are residential, commercial or industrial projects submitted for approval. Public meetings are held before any action by the Planning Commission.
Projects Approved, Preliminary Plans/Site Plans/Final Plats Approved are residential, commercial or industrial projects approved by the Planning Commission for development of land.
Zoning Permits allow a property owner to begin clearing or grading land for construction.
PRINCE FREDERICK AREA
1. ARBY'S RESTAURANT, west side of Prince Frederick Boulevard at Chapline Place. A site plan for construction of a restaurant at a commercial shopping center.
2. ASBURY AT SOLOMONS, PHASE II, Asbury Circle. A proposed revision to the type of units to be constructed for Phase II of a previously approved site for seniors. The proposed revision increases from 50 apartment units to 86, and decreases from 42 cottages to six, with a total number of 92 units remaining unchanged.
3. CENTER AT DUNKIRK, Ward Road and Route 4. Final approval for a commercial center on 1.3 acres.
4. RAY FIELDS, Lyons Creek Road. Final approval for eight lots for single-family houses.
5. HOLLAND CLIFF SHORES, Holland Cliff Road, south of Robinson Road. Final subdivision approval for two lots for single-family houses on 2.18 acres zoned critical area.
6. PATUXENT SUNSET, Chaneyville Road. Final approval to subdivide 58.69 acres into 16 lots for single-family houses, with 42.69 acres of open space.
7. SUNNY HILL ESTATES, Route 4. A site plan for subdivision of 19.69 acres into 13 lots for single-family houses with 9.5 acres of open space.
8. WOOD CREATIONS INC., north side of Skinners Turn Road. A site plan for a 5,000-square-foot addition to an existing warehouse and woodworking shop on 1.36 acres.
PRINCE FREDERICK AREA
9. CAPITAL FOOD SERVICE WAREHOUSE, Calvert Industrial Park. A site plan for an 18,000-square-foot warehouse on 2.27 acres.
10. R & R FABRICATION, Ketch Road and Schooner Road. A site plan for a 16,000-square-foot addition to an existing warehouse and construction of a new 4,000-square-foot building, for a new total of 30,000 square feet on 6.59 acres.
11. KELLAMS MARINA, 3925 and 3935 Gordon Stinnett Ave. A permit for construction of 30 apartments, a laundry room and a community center.