George `Tony' Morris

Virginia Florist

George H. "Tony" Morris, 51, a Virginia florist since the 1970s who was working at Snelling Florist in Winchester and Fussell Florist in Front Royal at the time of his death, died Aug. 30 at a hospital in Loudoun County after a heart attack. He lived in Purcellville.

Over the years, he had worked at numerous floral stores in Northern Virginia and King Florist in Washington. A certified nursing assistant, he worked in geriatrics at Loudoun Memorial Hospital in the 1970s.

Mr. Morris, a Loudoun County native, was a 1966 graduate of Loudoun Valley High School and attended Luther Rice College. He was active in garden clubs in Purcellville and Middleburg.

He had been a middle school youth teacher, flower committee chairman and AIDS ministry co-chair at New Jerusalem Lutheran Church in Lovettsville. He had been a delegate to the annual Metro D.C. synod assembly.

Survivors include his companion of 14 years, Timothy R. Jackson of Purcellville; a daughter, Brittany L. Jackson of Conneaut, Ohio; and his mother, Lorraine G. Morris of Purcellville.

Donna Rosik Mitchell

Rockefeller Aide

Donna Rosik Mitchell, 81, a longtime aide to Nelson A. Rockefeller who retired as his executive assistant when the New York Republican left the office of U.S. vice president in 1977, died Sept. 3 at her vacation home at Ludlow, Vt., after a heart attack. She lived in Washington.

Mrs. Mitchell, an Iowa native, came to Washington and joined Rockefeller during World War II. She worked for Rockefeller at the State Department and then at the Department of Health, Education and Welfare. She also worked for him in New York when he served as governor from 1959 to 1974, then returned with him to Washington when he became vice president later that year.

Her husband of 44 years, Victor Mitchell, died in 1994.

Survivors include two sisters.

Louise Mattingly Hickey

Club and Church Member

Louise Mattingly Hickey, 93, a Washington area resident since the 1930s who had belonged to clubs and church groups, died of cardiopulmonary arrest and renal failure Sept. 1 at Walter Reed Army Hospital. She lived in the District.

Mrs. Hickey, who was born in Remington, was a graduate of Barnard College. She received a master's degree in history from the University of Virginia. During World War II, she was an editor with the U.S. Maritime Commission in Washington.

She had served as vestry secretary and president of All Saints Women at All Saints Episcopal Church at Chevy Chase Circle. She also had done volunteer work for Washington National Cathedral.

Mrs. Hickey was a member of the American Association of University Women, the Women's Club of Chevy Chase and the Potomac Rose Society.

Her first husband, Howard Henderson, died in the 1930s, and her second husband, Army Col. Albert N. Hickey, died in 1973.

Survivors include a stepdaughter, Margaret French of Washington; a sister; four grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.