In Prince George's County
Ever wonder about what's being built -- or what a developer proposes to build -- on the vacant land around the corner? This feature is intended to provide an easy way for you to learn about planned development throughout Prince George's County.
Using information provided by the Prince George's Newsletter based on information from the Prince George's County Department of Planning and Zoning, this feature gives you a monthly update on planned subdivisions, office buildings, shopping centers and other development. The map and chart identify planned projects by areas that were processed by officials during July.
The status of the projects is described in three categories:
Projects Proposed, Preliminary Plans/Sites Plans/Concept Plans. Proposed applications are for zoning changes or residential, commercial or industrial projects submitted for approval. Public meetings are held before any action by the Planning Board, District Council or zoning hearing examiner.
Projects Approved, Preliminary Plans/Sites Plans/Concept Plans are residential, commercial or industrial projects approved by the Planning Commission for development of land.
Permits allow a property owner to start construction or development.
For more information about site plans, call 301-952-3554. Preliminary plans, 301-952-3296. For information on zoning cases and special exceptions, call 301-952-3209.
1. Mini-Storage Building. Norman Birkett filed a site plan to build a mini-storage facility at Old Alexandria Ferry Road and Bellefonte Lane in Clinton.
2. Research and Development Buildings. Manekin Corp. of Laurel applied for a building permit to construct two research and development buildings at Forbes Boulevard and Lottsford Vista Road in Lanham.
3. Kettering Community Association. Arel Architects applied for a permit to build a $300,000 community facility at 11801 Chesterton Drive in Upper Marlboro.
4. Adnell Partnership. Adnell Partnership of Silver Spring filed a subdivision plan to build 30 single family homes on 15 acres at Route 197 and Thompkins Lane in Bowie.
5. Rite Aid. Paragon Mutual filed a subdivision plan for a Rite Aid store to be built at Oxon Hill Road and Livingston Road in Oxon Hill.
6. Advance Distribution Systems. A site plan was approved for a corporate headquarters at Northview Drive and Route 197 in Bowie.
7. Sky Alland Co. A site plan submitted by Konterra Realty was approved for construction of a building at Van Dusen Road and Sweitzer Lane in Laurel.
8. Independent Baptist Church. A site plan was approved to build an addition to the church at Route 223 near Temple Hill Road in Clinton.
9. Office Building. Trammell Crow Co. was issued a building permit to construct an office building at 14400 Sweitzer Lane in Laurel.
10. Mini-Storage Building. Tompkins Builders, of Washington, was issued a building permit to construct a mini-storage building at 14211 Gallant Fox Lane in Bowie.
11. Cameron Grove. Stavrou Construction of Laurel was issued building permits to build four single-family homes for seniors at Central Avenue and Church Road in Bowie.
12. Presidential Golf Course. VOB Limited Partnership, of Vienna, was issued a grading permit for a golf course at Leeland Road and Route 301 in Upper Marlboro.