The headline on the obituary of John Carter Sharp, which appeared in The Post on Sept. 18, incorrectly spelled his last name. (Published 09/21/1999)

Adrian Trone Myers

Data Programming Chief

Adrian Trone Myers, 82, who retired from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. as director of data programming in 1973, died Sept. 13 at a hospital in Oswego, N.Y., after a heart attack. He was fishing on Lake Ontario with a son when he was stricken.

Mr. Myers, who lived in Rockville, was born in Hanover, Pa. During World War II, he served in the Army in Europe.

In 1948, he settled in Washington to begin a civilian federal career that included service with the Post Office Department and the Internal Revenue Service.

He worked at FDIC for about 15 years before he retired.

Mr. Myers was a master pistol shooter and was chief range officer for the 25-meter pistol competition at the 1984 Olympic games in Los Angeles. He was a life member of the National Rifle Association and the North American Hunting Club.

He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rockville, the American Legion and the Izaak Walton League.

Survivors include his wife of 44 years, Joan Elizabeth Conlen Myers of Rockville; three sons, Stephen of Vienna, Michael of Alexandria and Gregory of Bethesda; and eight grandchildren.

Helene Patrice Casey


Helene Patrice Casey, 75, an Arlington homemaker and member of Arlington's St. Ann's Catholic Church, died Sept. 14 at Iliff Nursing Home in Falls Church. She had Parkinson's disease.

Mrs. Casey was born in Brockton, Mass. As a young woman, she was a model for a Brockton clothing store. She moved to this area in 1973.

Her avocations included ballroom dancing.

Survivors include her husband, Arthur A. Casey of Arlington; two children, Deirdre Waters of Springfield and Brian J. Casey of Arlington; and seven grandchildren.

John Carter Shart

Army Procurement Specialist

John Carter Sharp, 85, a retired civilian Army official who was responsible for the procurement and repair of medical equipment for all Army hospitals, died of heart and kidney ailments Sept. 15 at Reston Hospital.

Mr. Sharp, a resident of Washington, was born in Medicine Lodge, Kan. He grew up there and in England but returned to the United States about 1930. During World War II, he served in the Army.

In 1945, he went to work for the Army as a civilian procurement specialist, and for the next several years he worked in Japan. He was transferred to Washington in the early 1950s. By the time he retired in 1979, he had worked for four surgeons general of the Army.

Mr. Sharp was a golfer and a bicycle rider.

Survivors include a brother, William R. Sharp of Penrith, Cumbria, England.