Ever wonder what's being built--or what a developer proposes to build--on the vacant land around the corner?
Using information provided by the county Planning Department, Extra gives you a monthly update on planned homes, office buildings, shopping centers and other development.
The map and the chart identify planned projects, by magisterial districts, that were processed in August.
SITE DISTURBANCE PERMITS
1. Braemar, 12640 Vint Hill Rd. 41 town house units.
2. Kingsbrooke, 8750 Linton Hall Rd. 86 town house units.
3. Manassas Assembly of God, 11351 Nokesville Rd. Final site plan for a church.
4. Ridges of Occoquan, 11825 Dumfries Rd. 60-lot single-family subdivision.
5. Hoppmann Property, 15405 John Marshall Hwy. Administrative review to install six 100-gallon propane tanks.
6. Piedmont, 6205 Old Carolina Rd. 40 single-family homes, 51 lots, streets, utilities and grading work.
7. Price Club, 10701 Sudley Manor Dr. Addition of gasoline retail facility.
8. Red Lobster, 2550 Prince William Pkwy. Site plan for a new 623.75-square-meter restaurant.
9. Mooney Prince William County Service Authority AWT Plant, 1851 Rippon Blvd. Administrative review for a 6,000 gallon above-ground fuel storage tank.
10. Potomac View Elementary School, 14601 Lamar Rd. Parking lot addition.
11. Powells Landing, 2281 Jennings St. 94 town house units.
12. Commercial Scapes, 11725 Bristow Rd. Allow use of a landscaping service.
13. Prince William Carwash and Self-Storage, 8119 Leland Rd. Allow use of a self-storage facility in the rear of an existing car wash.
14. Willow Springs Towing and Recovery, 11201 Industrial Rd. Rezone from light industrial to industrial/transportation for motor vehicle impoundment and temporary storage facility.
15. Four Seasons Inn of Historic Virginia, 16403 Dumfries Rd. Rezone from mixed residential and limited nonresidential to age-restricted residential.
16. Battlefield Business Park, 10670 Vandor Lane. Rezone to allow removal of height limitation for construction.
17. Piedmont, 14541 Lightner Rd. Rezone to add 258 acres to planned mixed residential area.
18. Christian Hope Center, 14747 Arizona Ave. Allow expansion to an existing religious institution.
19. Cottman Transmission Center, 14645 Jefferson Davis Hwy. Allow construction of a vehicle service station with five bays.
20. Turf Club of Virginia, 14304 Fauquier Dr. Allow construction of an equestrian racetrack.
21. Dale City Christian Church, 14022 Lindendale Rd. Allow temporary use of a modular unit for additional classroom.
22. Lord Charlton Kennels, 17731 Mine Rd. Allow construction of a commercial kennel.
23. Midas Muffler, 7892 Sudley Rd. Allow expansion and reconstruction of an existing muffler shop.