In Prince George's County
Ever wonder about what's being built -- or what a developer proposes to build -- on the vacant land around the corner? This feature is intended to provide an easy way for you to learn about planned development throughout Prince George's County.
Using information provided by the Prince George's Newsletter based on information from the Prince George's County Department of Planning and Zoning, this feature gives you a monthly update on planned subdivisions, office buildings, shopping centers and other development. The map and chart identify planned projects by areas that were processed by officials during August.
The status of the projects is described in three categories:
Projects Proposed, Preliminary Plans/Sites Plans/Concept Plans. Proposed applications are for zoning changes or residential, commercial or industrial projects submitted for approval. Public meetings are held before any action by the Planning Board, District Council or Zoning Hearing Examiner.
Projects Approved, Preliminary Plans/Sites Plans/Concept Plans are residential, commercial or industrial projects approved by the Planning Commission for development of land.
Permits allow a property owner to start construction or development.
For more information about site plans, call 301-952-3554. Preliminary plans, 301-952-3296. For information on zoning cases and special exceptions, call 301-952-3209.
1. Pharmacy. CVS, Inc. of Springfield applied for a building permit to build a store at 3714 Branch Avenue in Hillcrest Heights.
2. Home improvement store. Home Depot of Atlanta applied for a grading permit for a store at One East West Highway in Hyattsville.
3. Dolben Company. The Dolben Company of Boston submitted a site plan to build a 284-unit apartment complex at Mount Lubentia Way and Harry Truman Drive in Largo.
4. Friendly's restaurant. Friendly's of Crofton submitted a site plan to build a 3,000-square-foot restaurant in Largo Town Center at Arena Drive and Largo Center Drive in Largo.
5. Convenience store. Wawa, Inc., of Wawa, Pa., applied for a special exception to build a convenience store on Route 301 just north of McKendree Road in Brandywine.
6. Medical Facility. The James G. Davis Construction Co. of Rockville has applied for a grading permit for an Aetna-owned medical facility at 1301 McCormick Dr. in Landover.
Building Permits Issued:
7. Frito-Lay. Smoot Inc. of Falls Church was issued a building permit to construct a Frito-Lay distribution facility at the Ammendale South Business Park in Beltsville.
8. Addition to county jail. Dustin Construction of Gaithersburg was issued a building permit to construct an $11 million addition to the jail at 13400 Dillie Dr. in Upper Marlboro.
9. Helipad. Hitt Contracting of Fairfax was issued a building permit to build a helipad on Hospital Drive in Cheverly.