No. 5 Park View Patriots
* Coach: Mickey Thompson, 10th year.
* Record: 10-0 overall, 7-0 district. Northwestern District champion.
* Last playoff appearance: 1998. Lost to West Potomac, 42-8, in AAA Northern Region final.
* Notes: Park View is ranked No. 5 in The Washington Post poll. . . . Park View has been to the playoffs in 10 of 13 years. . . . The Patriots set school records this year for most points scored in a season (414) and least points surrendered (46).
* Season results:
Aug. 27: Sherando, W, 48-0
Sept. 10: at Courtland, W, 56-0
Sept. 18: at Osbourn, W, 25-3
Sept. 24: Liberty, W, 41-0
Oct. 2: at Handley, W, 42-17
Oct. 8: Warren County, W, 42-6
Oct. 15: at Potomac Falls, W, 41-0
Oct. 22: Loudoun Valley, W, 35-0
Oct. 29: at Loudoun County, W, 35-7
Nov. 5: Broad Run, W, 49-7
Loudoun County Raiders
* Coach: Pat McManus, ninth season.
* Record: 7-3, 5-2.
* Last playoff appearance: 1996. Lost to Sherando, 20-14, in AAA Northern Region final.
* Notes: Loudoun County, which opened in 1954, has not won a state title in any sport. . . . The Raiders are 64-37 this decade and are making their third playoff appearance. . . . . Place kicker Cary Greenfield has 13 field goals this season, the most in state history. The most field goals kicked in high
* Season results:
Aug. 27: at Jefferson County, W, 29-7
Sept. 3: Loudoun Valley, L, 28-21 (OT)
Sept. 17: Musselman, W, 19-0
Sept. 24: at Warren County, W, 10-7
Oct. 1: at Potomac Falls, W, 31-12
Oct. 9: Broad Run, W, 48-0
Oct. 16: at Handley, L, 28-7
Oct. 22: Liberty, W, 19-15
Oct. 29: Park View, L, 35-7
Nov. 5: at Loudoun Valley, W, 17-7
* When Park View Has the Ball
It's a case of pick your poison for opposing defenses. Park View features two players who have more than 10 rushing touchdowns this season in senior fullback Nelson Stickley (1,066 yards) and junior quarterback Nick Smith (700 yards). If Smith isn't running the ball or handing it off, he's a serious threat to throw. He has 1,138 passing yards this season with 19 touchdowns and has been intercepted only twice. He's also completed 62 percent of his passes. Charles Ramey has caught the most passes (19) and is averaging 13.3 yards per reception, but it's Dustin Dudinski (457 receiving yards, 10 receiving touchdowns) who has done the most damage this season.
* When Loudoun County Has the Ball
Junior Chris Geaneas is the main threat, as the first-year starter has 861 yards rushing this season. He also leads the team with nine touchdowns. Fellow junior Chris Hughes provides a nice complement to Geaneas, who is a straight-ahead, possession-type runner. Hughes, who has 661 yards this season, is more adept at running outside, but the Raiders will hand the ball off to Geaneas more because they like his ability to consistently gain five, six or seven yards a carry. Junior quarterback Grant Harris is inconsistent at times, having tossed six interceptions and completed 46 percent of his passes. But he also has thrown six touchdowns and is good at getting the ball to his speedy receivers, Hughes and Jonathan Lincoln.
* Offensive Players to Watch
Loudoun County WR/KR Jonathan Lincoln--He's team's leading receiver with nine catches for 158 yards and four touchdowns. He has also averaged 26.1 yards per kickoff return.
Loudoun County RB/PR Terrence Brown--Brown is averaging 16 yards per punt return, including one for a touchdown. He also has 323 yards rushing this season and is averaging 6.9 yards a carry.
Park View WR Dustin Dudinski--He can do it all. He is the Patriots' only player to catch a touchdown pass (he has 10), run for a touchdown (four) and throw for one (a 54-yarder in his only attempt this season).
* Defensive Players to Watch
Loudoun County DB Chris Hughes--He has six interceptions this season and has returned them for an average of 30.8 yards.
Park View DB Mike McDermott--The senior leads the team with six pass knockdowns and is seventh on the team with 27 first hits and eight assists.
Park View LB Joe Larson--The senior leads the Patriots with four sacks, is second on the team with four hurries and is sixth on the team with 27 first hits to go with 12 assists.