Shooting, Stabbing at Omni Shoreham

D.C. police are investigating a stabbing and a shooting early yesterday at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.

A Fort Washington man, 26, was stabbed several times about 2:45 a.m. and was in critical condition at a hospital, said Sgt. Joe Gentile, a police spokesman.

Shortly afterward, a second man, also 26, was shot in the parking lot of the hotel, at 2500 Calvert St. NW. That man, who police said is from New Carrollton, was in stable condition at George Washington University Hospital with a shoulder wound.

Police did not release the names of the victims because they are considered witnesses. Officials at the hotel did not respond to phone calls yesterday.

Police have not made any arrests in either case. Investigators from the 2nd Police District are looking for witnesses and asked that anyone with information call 202-282-0043 or the Crime Solvers Unit at 1-800-673-2777.

Two Shot in SE Apartment Building

Two people were shot, one fatally, inside a Southeast Washington apartment building yesterday afternoon, D.C. police said.

The shooting occurred about 3:10 p.m. in the 3500 block of Sixth Street SE, said Lt. Willie Dandridge. One young male, who was shot in the head, was taken to D.C. General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His identity and age had not been released last night.

The second victim, who is 18, was shot twice, police said. He was taken by a friend to Greater Southeast Community Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition last night. His name was not released because he is considered a witness.

"Everything is still a vague mystery," Dandridge said. "We don't know what the motive is."


Man Gets 9 Years for Sex With Teen

A 51-year-old Potomac man was sentenced yesterday to more than nine years in federal prison after he pleaded guilty to traveling across state lines to have sex with a teenager he met on the Internet and to mailing a nude photo of the boy to a friend.

Jeffrey Cissel Neuhauser was ordered to serve nine years and one month after pleading guilty to the two federal charges, according to the U.S. attorney's office in Maryland.

Prosecutors said Neuhauser traveled from his Potomac home in November 1997 to Assawoman, Va., to have sex with a 13-year-old boy he had met online. Neuhauser engaged in sex acts with the boy and photographed the boy lying nude on his bed, prosecutors said.

Neuhauser continued to "chat" with the boy online for the first three months of 1998 before meeting him in Salisbury, Md., where Neuhauser took more nude photos of the youth in a hotel room, prosecutors said. Neuhauser pleaded guilty to sending a photo to a friend in Illinois, prosecutors said.

Neuhauser is serving an 18-month federal prison sentence on a separate conviction in Virginia for traveling across state lines to have sex with a youth.

His attorney, Michael CitaraManis, an assistant federal public defender, said Neuhauser "wanted to put this behind him" and get more of the treatment he had begun to seek in prison.