Ever wonder about what's being built -- or what a developer proposes to build -- on the vacant land around the corner? This feature is intended to provide an easy way for you to learn about planned development throughout Anne Arundel County.
Using information collected by the Anne Arundel Newsletter from the Anne Arundel County Department of Planning and Code Enforcement and other county agencies, the Anne Arundel Weekly provides a monthly update on some planned subdivisions, office buildings, shopping centers and other development. The map and chart identify projects processed by the county in the month of September.
The status of the projects is described in three categories:
Site and subdivision plans at the preliminary, sketch or final phases of approval for residential, commercial or industrial projects submitted to the Department of Planning and Code Enforcement.
Site and subdivision plans for residential, commercial or industrial projects approved by the Department of Planning and Code Enforcement.
Building permits allow a property owner to begin clearing or grading land for construction.
1. Crofton Valley. Severn Valley Farms LLC. Final phase of the approval process for a subdivision plan to build 120 single-family houses on 58.26 acres.
2. Hoenig Prop. Gary W. Koch Associates Inc. Final phase of the approval process to subdivide 111.6 acres for 70 single-family houses.
3. Forest Ridge at Severn. Housing Authority of Anne Arundel County. Final phase of the approval process to build 200 apartments on 18.24 acres.
4. I-97 Business Park. Najoles Investors LLC. An administrative phase of the approval process to build three industrial buildings on 8.42 acres.
5. Seven Oaks. Halle Development Inc. Preliminary phase of the approval process to build five retail pad sites on 11.87 acres.
6. Camden Hills. Ballman Avenue LLC. Resubmitted final phase of the approval process to build 39 single-family houses on 10.18 acres.
7. Applegate North. J.F.J. Partnership. Resubmitted final phase of the approval process to build 92 town houses on 10.45 acres.
8. Scott's Crossing. Elm Street Development received final approval to subdivide 9.25 acres for 140 condominiums.
9. Saybrooke Woods. Cattail Associates Inc. received final approval for a subdivision plan to build 18 single-family houses on 22.85 acres.
10. River Oaks. Elm Street Development received final approval to subdivide 19.78 acres for 165 town houses.
11. Wagner Property. The Evans Group received conditional approval of a resubmitted sketch plan to build 84 single-family condominiums on 22.17 acres.
12. Gateway Village. Gateway Village Ltd. received approval of a preliminary plan to expand and build two commercial buildings on 22.82 acres.
13. Arundel Crossing East. Opus East LLC. Received final approval to build additional industrial space on 14.41 acres.
Building Permits Issued
The dollar figure represents the cost of construction as listed on the permit application.
14. Annapolis Mall. Defense Highway, Annapolis. $60,000. A permit was issued to Annapolis Mall Ltd. Partnership for construction alterations for a new tenant, the Lang Store, $75,000. A permit was issued to Annapolis Mall LTD Partnership for tenant alterations for Lord & Taylor.
15. Wawa Inc. 321 Buschs Frontage Rd., (St. Margarets) Annapolis. $215,788, A permit was issued to Robert R. Busch for construction of a Wawa convenience store.
16. U.S. Internetworking Inc., 2500 Riva Rd., (Three Mile Oak) Annapolis, $4,000,000. A permit was issued to interior tenant U.S. Internetworking for building renovations.
17. Annapolis Mall. Defense Highway, Annapolis. $52,500. A permit was issued to WEA Annapolis Inc. for tenant alterations to Deep South Snowshakes, $72.600. A permit was issued to WEA Annapolis Inc. for tenant improvements to Great Khans, $1,300,000. A permit was issued to WEA Annapolis Inc. for tenant improvements to Crown Theatres.
18. Coxby's Estates. 3764 Collier Dr., Edgewater, $194,260. A permit was issued to Coxby's Estates LLC for final grading for 21 single-family homes.
19. South River Colony. Mitchells Chance Rd., Edgewater. $475,315. A permit was issued to South River Lot 9 LLC for grading for infrastructure.
20. Crofton Farms. 918 Cobb Ct., Gambrills, $78,780. A permit was issued to Severn Valley Farms LLC for rough grading for a residential subdivision.
21. Crofton Farms. 904 Silk Lane, Gambrills, $253,232. A permit was issued to Severn Valley Farms LLC for roads, utilities, storm drains and storm water management for a residential subdivision.
22. St. Stephens Estates. St. Stephens Church Road, Gambrills, $350,108. A permit was issued to St. Stephens LLC for grading for construction of 32 houses.
23. Crofton Farms. 2401 Arapaho Way, Gambrills, $151,429. A permit was issued to U.S. Home Corp. for infrastructure for Crofton Farms residential subdivision.
24. Arundel Mills Mall. Clark Road, Hanover, $2,475,009. A permit was issued to Piney 100 Land Ltd. Partnership and Dorchester Ltd. Partnership Properties for foundation construction for Arundel Mills Mall. $3,903,615. A permit was issued to Piney 100 Land Ltd. Partnership and Dorchester Ltd. Partnership Properties for structural steel and metal construction for Arundel Mills Mall.
25. Laurel Race Track. 3600 Laurel Fort Meade Rd., Laurel, $451,834. A permit was issued to Laurel Racing Associates Ltd. Partnership for the construction of two two-story dormitories, "Laurel Commons."
26. Hock Business Park. 971 Corporate Blvd., Linthicum, $2,054,500. A permit was issued to State Employees Credit Union for a tenant fit out.
27. Seven Oaks. Gatewood Lane, Severn, $6,518,810. A permit was issued to Saybrooke Commons LP for the construction of 228 apartments.