Ever wonder what's being built--or what a developer proposes to build--on the vacant land around the corner? Using information provided by the county Planning Department, Extra gives you a monthly update on planned homes, office buildings, shopping centers and other development. The map and the chart identify planned projects, by magisterial districts, that were processed in October.
SITE DISTURBANCE PERMITS
1. Betco Building Addition, 5291 Wellington Rd. Revision of pad site for a 611-square-foot addition to building.
2. Manassas Assembly of God, 11351 Nokesville Rd. Final site plan for a church facility.
3. Sheffield Manor, 12820 Lanier Dr. 51 single-family houses and road construction.
4. Deer Valley, 14188 Van Doren Rd. 52-lot single-family houses subdivision.
5. Marbury, 5052 Waterway Dr. 45-lot single-family houses.
6. Wayside Village, 17449 Terri Ct. 128 single-family houses subdivision.
7. Brookstone Apartments, 8125 Bethlehem Rd. 575 apartment units and grading permit.
8. Heritage Hunt, 6308 Catharpin Rd. 30 single-family houses, 82 town houses and 2 condominium units.
9. Virginia Oaks Daycare Center, 14323 Lee Hwy. Day-care facility.
10. Virginia Oaks, 14323 Lee Hwy. Subdivision plan for 95 single-family houses.
11. Hendrick Honda/Isuzu, 14201 Jefferson Davis Hwy. Addition of a 6,232-square-foot building and storm drainage.
12. Fraternal Order of Police, 12575 Bristow Rd. Allow construction of a civic club.
13. Jackson Lake Lodge, 12766 Bristow Rd. Allow construction of a lodge.
14. Ballsford Place, 10438 Balls Ford Rd. Rezone from agriculture to general business.
15. Reines RV and Auto Sales, 10850 Balls Ford Rd. Allow addition of motor vehicle sales, service and repair to existing business.
16. Parkway Professional Building, 12700 Black Forest Lane. Rezone from agriculture to mid-rise office.
17. Jiffy Lube Garber Property, 13310 Minnieville Rd. Allow use of a motor vehicle service station with three work bays or fewer.
18. Virginia Gateway Addition, 8117 Linton Hall Rd. Rezone 9.7 acres from agriculture and heavy industrial to mid-rise office.
19. Vulcan Manassas Quarry, 11030 Crestwood Dr. Rezone 16.23 acres from semi-rural residential to heavy industrial.
20. Parsons Farm, 14237 Dumfries Rd. Allow use of a garden center and landscaping service.
21. New Horizon Credit Union, 10830 Balls Ford Rd. Allow drive-through windows at a credit union.
22. Race Trac Petroleum Inc., 7402 Sudley Rd. Allow use of a motor vehicle fuel station with a quick-service food station.
23. Hampton's Landing Marina, 16132 Neabsco Rd. Rezone from suburban residential to general business and allow expansion of an existing business.