A second suspect has been charged with taking part in the April slaying of a Waldorf man who was found bound, robbed and shot in his Carrington neighborhood home.

Brian Keith Carter, 19, of Waldorf, was arrested last week after a Charles County grand jury indicted him on a charge of first-degree murder in connection with the death of 52-year-old Paul Stephen McDonald. Carter, who was also charged with armed robbery, first-degree burglary and use of a handgun to commit a felony, is being held without bond at the Charles County Detention Center.

Charles County State's Attorney Leonard C. Collins Jr. said Tuesday that police had uncovered "physical evidence to place" Carter at the crime scene.

A trial has been set for May 8, Collins said, the same as for the suspect's alleged accomplice, Charles Andre Durham, 21, another area resident.

"We anticipate filing a motion to join the two for trial," Collins said.

The Easter weekend slaying, coupled with a wave of burglaries in the Waldorf neighborhood, caused outrage among residents. The victim's wife and daughter had reportedly returned home from shopping on a Friday evening to find McDonald, a computer technician, lying on the floor of his home on University Drive. McDonald, whose hands had been restrained, had been shot in the upper body. He died the following Monday at Prince George's Hospital Center.

In April, Carter and Durham were arrested and charged in connection with burglaries in the Carrington neighborhood. Months later, Durham was charged with participating in McDonald's slaying. Among the nine charges faced by Durham are first-degree murder, burglary and weapons charges. Authorities have said a handgun stolen in one of the burglaries has been linked to the slaying.

Collins previously said investigators had evidence suggesting the gun used in the slaying was taken in a March 30 burglary, though authorities have not recovered the weapon.

Collins also previously suggested a motive for McDonald's slaying; he said Durham "owed restitution in another case where he victimized Mr. McDonald."

According to Collins, investigators have determined that Durham allegedly used McDonald's automated teller machine card to withdraw $300 from McDonald's account at a Waldorf bank branch terminal the day after McDonald was shot.