Ever wonder what's being built--or what a developer proposes to build--on the vacant land around the corner?
Using information provided by the county Planning Department, Extra gives you a monthly update on planned homes, office buildings, shopping centers and other development.
The map and the chart identify planned projects, by magisterial districts, that were processed in December.
The status of the projects is described in three categories:
Site Disturbance Permits are permits that allow a property owner to begin clearing land for construction.
Projects Approved are rezonings and special use permits that have been approved by the Board of County Supervisors. Rezonings change the kind of development allowed on a tract of land. Special use permits allow more intense uses of property than usually permitted.
Projects Proposed are rezonings and special use permits submitted for review. Public hearings are held before any action.
For further information about any of the projects, call the Prince William County Planning Department at 703-792-6830.
Site Disturbance Permits
1. Ameriserve Freezer Expansion, 6894 Wellington Rd. Early grading for expansion of a 114,000-square-foot building.
2. Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (Novec), 5399 Wellington Rd. Installation of an underground 5,000-gallon diesel tank.
3. NSSC at Innovation, 11101 University Blvd. Construction of a 105,243-square-foot office building.
4. Southlake at Montclair, 19739 Viewpoint Cir. Revision of plan from 77 condominium units to 54 town house units.
5. Goodyear Virginia Gateway, 7575 Linton Hall Rd. Construction of a 7,746-square-foot warehouse building.
6. Greenhill Crossing, House Road. Construction of a 56-lot town house development.
7. Ellis Self Storage, 11520 Balls Ford Rd. Construction of a 5,797-square-foot storage building.
8. Robic Trucking, 7800 Wellington Rd. Expansion to construct a 2,000-square-foot warehouse.
9. Rams Body Shop, 2594 Hanco Center Dr. Construction of a 525-square-foot addition to existing building.
10. CVS Pharmacy Glendale Plaza, 4338 Dale Blvd. Construction of a 10,125-square-foot pharmacy.
11. Markhams Grant, 15801 Cardinal Dr. Construction of a 132 town house development.
12. Prince William Marina, 12700 Poplar Lane. Construction of a 5,920-square-foot pool house and restaurant addition.
13. Tackett's Mill Medical Office Building, 13001 Summit School Rd. Construction of a 8,923-square-foot office building.
14. Dawson Landing, 1594 Teal Way. Revision to add one single-family dwelling lot.
15. Lindsay Chevrolet, 15605 Jefferson Davis Hwy. Replace a temporary sales trailer with a 2,160-square-foot modular unit.
16. Superior Cleaners, 3300 Old Bridge Rd. Allow a drive-through window to a dry cleaner.
17. Community Wireless Structures, 15612 Lee Hwy. Allow use of a telecommunications tower.
18. Midwood Center, 15411 John Marshall Hwy. Rezone 30.6 acres from agriculture to planned business district.
19. Blackies 2000 Dinner Club, 13175 Gordon Blvd. Allow live entertainment and dancing.