Argument Leads to Fatal Stabbing

Three women allegedly had the final and fatal word in a squabble Monday when they reportedly knifed to death a 20-year-old woman outside her Southeast Washington apartment, police said yesterday.

"It was a trivial argument," said Cmdr. Winston Robinson Jr., of the 7th Police District. "It was retaliation for another fight, and it was a very sad story."

Tamika Blackwell, 20, was unconscious and had been stabbed several times when police officers arrived at her third-floor apartment in the 100 block of Atlantic Street SE about 4 a.m., police said. She was taken to D.C. General Hospital and was pronounced dead about 30 minutes after arrival, police said.

Hours after the attack, Crystal Horsley, 24, Naketia Loney, 20, and LaShaundra Tabbis, 19, were charged with second-degree murder, Sgt. Fred Johnson said.

Johnson would not describe what the original argument was about.

None of the four women was known to police, Johnson said.

Gaithersburg Man Sentenced in Stalking

A Gaithersburg man who terrorized a former co-worker in Northwest Washington was ordered yesterday to spend six months in jail, a month at a drug and mental health clinic and five years on probation.

Todd A. Witte--who threatened to rape and shoot his victim, telling her, "I'm going to do what I want, when I want"--must avoid all drugs and alcohol and stay away from the woman and her family for five years, D.C. Superior Court Judge Stephen G. Milliken said.

Milliken said he would review the case every six months to ensure that Witte, 27, follows instructions. If Witte crosses the line, Milliken said he would give him "every second" of jail time he could.

Witte surrendered to D.C. police the day after the Washington City Paper published the woman's 13,000-word account of the way Witte stalked her intermittently for four years after they met at a Dupont Circle bookstore. He pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors.


Man Found Dead After Crash Was Shot

A 45-year-old man who was found dead in his car yesterday after a reported traffic accident in Landover had been fatally shot beforehand in what investigators believe was a homicide, Prince George's County police said.

The man, whose identity was withheld by police pending notification of relatives, was driving a gray Chevrolet Corsica in the 1200 block of Capital Way Drive about 12:30 p.m. when he swerved off the road and sideswiped an empty minivan, police said. Paramedics discovered that the man had been shot in the abdomen, said Capt. Mark Brady, a spokesman for the Prince George's fire department.

The man was taken to Prince George's Hospital Center, where he was pronounced dead.


Man Arrested in Mop-Head Robbery

An armed robber who planned to steal cash from a Prince William County bowling alley was caught Monday after he held up a delivery-truck driver with a sawed-off shotgun and ran off with a bag full of mop heads, police said.

Prince William County police said Dennis Wayne Sullivan, 23, of Front Royal, had watched the Bowl America bowling alley and planned to steal a regular cash pickup. Sullivan allegedly jumped out from behind the building on Balls Ford Road about 8:30 a.m. Monday and stole a bag from a uniformed delivery-truck driver who was carrying cleaning supplies. The thief, who was wearing a mask, dropped the bag after discovering the mops.

Sullivan was charged with attempted armed robbery, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and other charges, police spokesman Dennis Mangan said.