Throughout the school year, Fairfax Extra is publishing occasional reviews of high school shows, written by student critics under the guidance of faculty mentors as part of the High School Critics and Awards Program, or Cappies.
Now in its fourth season, the program recognizes the achievements of young performers, writers, directors and stage crews. For Internet information on the Cappies, see www.cappies.com.
The Washington Post is also highlighting upcoming productions. Any Northern Virginia high school may list a show in the Extra by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Include the name of the production, dates it is being performed, the school name and a phone number the public can call for more information.
TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY
* "Fiddler on the Roof," Chantilly High, 703-222-8182.
* "Crimes of the Heart," Osbourn High, Manassas, 703-257-8500.
* "Romeo and Juliet," Fairfax High, 703-219-2351.
* "The Crucible," Lake Braddock Secondary, Burke, 703-426-1070.
* "The Sting," Robinson Secondary, Fairfax, 703-426-2123.
* "The Twelfth Night," Langley High, 703-287-2700.
* "Towards Zero," Hylton High, Woodbridge, 703-580-4000.
TOMORROW AND SATURDAY
* "Bye Bye Birdie," Lee High, Springfield, 703-924-8438.
* "Juliets," Wakefield School, The Plains (play being performed at Grace Episcopal Church, The Plains), 540-253-5393.
* "The Diary of Anne Frank," Bishop Ireton High, Alexandria, 703-522-1313.
TOMORROW THROUGH SUNDAY
* "Hamlet," Westfield High, Chantilly, 703-488-6430.
* "Little Women," Paul VI High, Fairfax, 703-352-0925.
* "The Foreigner," Mount Vernon High, Fairfax, 703-619-3172.
* "Rumors," Centreville High, 703-802-5591.