* Suitland WR Jahi Smith vs. Eleanor Roosevelt, Sept. 6: Smith turned a fourth-quarter screen pass into a 56-yard touchdown with 1 minute 26 seconds left to give Suitland a season-opening 20-18 victory. The victory -- Suitland rallied from a 12-point deficit with 7:42 remaining -- sparked the Rams to an 8-1 regular season and a share of the 4A league title.
* Parkdale WR Markus McFadden vs. C.H. Flowers, Sept. 21: A 35-yard touchdown reception in the back of the end zone on the game's final play completed Parkdale's comeback from a 21-0 deficit.
* Friendly DB Deonte Conyers vs. Potomac, Oct. 5: The junior's diving tackle stopped Potomac wide receiver Keith Dawson on the 1-yard line after Dawson had caught a 40-yard Hail Mary pass from quarterback Harold Dorman on the game's final play. The tackle secured a 13-7 victory to give Friendly its first victory over Potomac since 1998.
* Northwestern PK Jeovanny Blanco vs. Largo, Nov. 5: After joining the football team just six days earlier, the junior's first career field goal gave Northwestern a 17-14 victory over Largo to keep the Wildcats in playoff contention. However, the Wildcats were denied their first postseason appearance since 1998 after a 22-20 loss to C.H. Flowers on the final day of the regular season.
* Laurel QB Charles Hatten vs. Bowie, Nov. 5: The senior threw just nine passes, but three of his five completions were for touchdowns to pace Laurel to a 46-6 victory and give the Spartans their first victory over Bowie since 1997.
* Fairmont Heights S John Johnson vs. Surrattsville, Nov. 9: The senior intercepted a career-best three passes and returned his final interception of the game 55 yards for a touchdown to secure the Hornets' 30-16 victory over the other Hornets, giving Fairmont Heights its first win of the season and preventing the team from posting its first winless season in school history.
-- Jon Gallo