They don't have the most glamorous statistics, but these players are best at the little things:
* Steve Danley, DeMatha: The 6-foot-9 front-court player averaged 7.5 points and eight rebounds per game last year and will enter his senior season as the unquestioned floor leader for the two-time defending WCAC and City Title champions.
* Franklin Banks, C.H. Flowers: The 6-1 senior guard averaged 16.8 points and five assists per game to lead the Jaguars to a 6-15 record in their first varsity season.
* Chris Brown, Surrattsville: The 5-8 point guard averaged 10.2 points and 7.5 assists per game to lead Surrattsville, which won nine games last season -- three more than in 2000-01.
* Chris Nichols, Bladensburg: The 5-11 senior averaged 6.4 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals per game last season to lead Bladensburg to within one game of its first state tournament appearance since 1979.
* Orlando Wright, Riverdale Baptist: The 6-4 senior small forward proved he could do it all last season by averaging 13.4 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists while playing one of the area's toughest schedules.