Driving Hot Spots Following is a selection of construction projects and road closures for the coming week. Weather conditions and equipment availability could affect the timing of these projects.
1. Springfield interchange: Two or more lanes may close from 9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
2. Bladensburg Road NE: Lane closures from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays and possibly Saturday between Douglas Street and New York Avenue.
3. Foxhall Road NW: Lane closures 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. through February between W Street and Foxhall Crescent Drive.
4. 16th Street NW: Lane closures between Alaska Avenue and Primrose Road from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
5. Anacostia Freeway: Non-rush-hour, intermittent lane closures daily between the District line and Chesapeake Street SW.
6. Capital Beltway, inner loop: Between Route 1 and Telegraph Road, right lane and shoulder closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon Friday.
7. Capital Beltway, inner loop: Between Telegraph Road and Route 1, two right lanes closed from 10 p.m. Saturday until 2 p.m. Sunday.
8. Route 1: Right lane and shoulder closed as needed from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon Friday.
9. I-97 and Route 174 interchange: Single-lane closures from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. and double-lane closures from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. weekdays at the Quarterfield Road Bridge.
Mass Transit Update Metrorail: Elevator upgrades will be performed at the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Station through Dec. 16. Shuttle bus service is available by calling 202-962-1825.
Tip of the Week Virginia's DMV has shortened office hours, and customers are reminded that they can conduct 19 transactions online, at www.dmvnow.com, and renew driver's licenses and vehicle registration by mail or over the phone, 888-337-4782. The D.C. DMV also offers online transactions, at www.dmv.washingtondc.gov/serv/online.shtm, as does Maryland's Motor Vehicle Administration, at www.mva.state.md.us/.
Readers can e-mail inquiries, suggestions and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- Diane Mattingly