PERMITS APPLIED FOR
1. Condominiums, 500 New Jersey Ave. NW. Renovation of 19 townhouses into condominiums. Cost: $11,000,000.
2. North Capitol at Plymouth Senior Housing, 5233 N. Capitol St. NE. One-bedroom apartments for seniors 55 and older, 68 units with manager's apartment, library, computer room and parking in rear. There will also be garden plots available. Cost: $4,434,000.
3. Apartments, 3701-19 Fourth St. SE; 3700-3710 Second St. SE, 200-204 Wilmington Pl. SE. 19 apartments, $153,050 each.
4. Children's National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Ave. NW. Addition to east wing to enhance surgical facilities. New receiving and recovery area for patients scheduled to be completed in 2004. Cost: $4,519,300.
5. Madison Hotel, 1177 15th St. NW. Renovations under new owners. Cost: $2,250,000.
6. Dumbarton Oaks, 1703 32nd St. NW. Underground utility tunnel, part of master plan for the property. Cost: $2,173,000.
7. Residence Inn by Marriott, 333 E St. SW. New 233-suite hotel on former wax museum site is bring built by four Native American tribes. Cost: $18,695,447.
8. Office building, 1601 K St. NW. New 11-story office building with retail space. Cost: $15 million.
9. Apartments, 400 Massachusetts Ave. NW. New 13-story apartment building with 262 units and four levels of below-ground parking. Cost: $47,000,000.
10. National Geographic Building, 1145 17th St. NW. Cost: $2,018, 885.
11. Condominiums, 1111 11th St. NW. New seven-story building being erected on vacant lot. Cost: $11,000,000.
12. Langston Lofts, 1390 V St. NW. New five-story condominium building. Cost: $11,600,000.
13. George Washington University, 2201 G St. NW. New school of business and public management. Cost: $20,598,486.
14. Hampton Inn,
599 Massachusetts Ave. NW. Thirteen-story 246-unit hotel addition to existing apartment building under construction. Cost: $10,725,000.
15. Phillips Collection,
1612 and 1618 21st St. NW. Beginning of project to renovate and expand the museum's space by 50 percent and create new Center for Studies in Modern Art. Cost listed on initial permit: $10,000,000.
16. Tunnel, 13th and 14th streets and Massachusetts Avenue, NW. Repair roadway and tunnel wall under Thomas Circle. Cost: $1,500,000.
17. Brookland Metro Station, 900 Monroe St, NE. Metro elevator upgrade. Cost: $136,435.
18. Friendship Heights Metro Station, 1 Wisconsin Cir. NW. Metro elevator upgrade. Cost: $265,800.
19. Calvary Baptist Church, 777 Eighth St. NW. Restoration of the church's steeple, including the Gothic spike, clock faces, Gothic finial as well as the two Gothic pinnacles. Cost: $1,332,000.
20. Florida Avenue Baptist Church, 600, 604 and 623 Florida Ave. NW. Repair kitchen and bath, replace part of building structure and convert the basement. Cost: $306,003.
21. Office building, 1290 U St. NW. Construct office building. Cost: $3,000,000.
22. Embassy of Qatar, 2555 M St. NW. Enhance overall appearance of building. Cost: $1,355,505.
23. Bryan School Homes, 1300 block of Independence Court, Independence Avenue, and North Carolina Avenue SE. Construction of 38 three- and four-story single-family townhouses and split-level townhouses. Cost: $189,000 each, except for 1327 Independence Court SE: $207,000.
24. International Monetary Fund, 1900 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Build 12-story office building with three levels below ground. Cost: $99,143,221.
25. Cafe Asia, 1720 Eye St. NW. New tenant layout for restaurant on the ground floor. Cost: $1,635,500.
26. Apartment building, 555 Massachusetts Ave. Construct 14-story apartment building with 264 units. Cost: $28,825,000.
27. Condominiums, 1613-1701 Gainesville St. SE. Rehabilitation of 12 three-story apartment buildings. The Gainesville Residents Organization, owners, will combine units to reduce the size of the project from 85 rental apartments to 65 condos. There will be four one-bedroom units, 15 three-bedroom apartments with dens and 46 two-bedroom units. Twenty of the current residents will buy their condos. Cost: $1,854,650.
28. Youth Detention Center, 1000 Mount Olivet Rd. NE. Grading site and putting in foundation for temporary youth detention center. Cost: $1,160,000
29. Episcopal Center for Children, 5901 Utah Ave. NW. New buildings. Cost: $1,000,000.
30. Greater Washington Urban League Office Building, 2901 14th St. NW. Renovation of vacant four-story former funeral home. Cost: $2,131,253.
31. Apartments, 1400 and 1401 Fairmont St. Interior rehabilitation and exterior repairs to existing five-story structures with basements. The total number of apartments is listed as 205. Cost $6,624,000.
32. Woodward and Lothrop Building, 1025 F St. NW. Renovation of existing Woodward and Lothrop building. Cost $18,000,000.