Health Watch is published weekly. Items are accepted on a space-available basis from public and nonprofit organizations only and must be received at least 14 days before the publication date. Submit information by mail to Health Watch, The Washington Post, 4020 University Dr., Suite 220, Fairfax, Va. 22030; by fax to 703-273-2836; or by e-mail to email@example.com. Include event name, dates, times, address, cost and publishable contact phone number.
Pet loss support group, ongoing meetings for people who have lost a pet or are anticipating the death of a pet, 7:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month, Fairfax County Animal Shelter, 4500 West Ox Rd., Fairfax. For more information, call 703-280-2244.
Widow and widower bereavement support group for anyone grieving the death of a spouse, 7:30-9 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month or 2-3:30 p.m. the first and third Thursdays of each month, Haven of Northern Virginia, 4606 Ravensworth Rd., Annandale. Free. For more information, call 703-941-7000.
The following programs are offered at Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. Preregistration required. 703-698-2841.
* Cancer educational support programs for children and teenagers, eight-week discussion and activity groups dealing with ways to manage emotions and changes that come when someone in the family has cancer. Wednesdays, Feb. 12-April 2: children ages 5-12 meet 5:15-6:15 p.m.; teens ages 13-17 meet 6:30-7:30 p.m. For more information, call 703-208-5623.
* Gentle yoga, dress comfortably and bring a mat or a blanket for these two lunchtime sessions, noon-1:30 p.m. today and next Thursday.
* "Reiki for Relaxation," the placement of hands on different parts of the body to direct energy into an area to release discomfort and tension and enhance well-being, 7-9 p.m. Monday. Dress comfortably.
* On My Own, a group for singles 40 and older to discuss the challenges and coping strategies of having cancer and living alone, 6:15-7:15 p.m. Monday.
* Spirituality quest, Phil Brooks, director of Inova Chaplaincy Services, presents "12 Step Spirituality," 10:30-noon Tuesday.
The Northern Virginia Epilepsy Group for adults with seizure disorders and caregivers, 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Falls Church High School career center, 7521 Jaguar Trail, Falls Church. For more information, call 703-425-6660.
-- Compiled by Jean Mack