Health Watch is published weekly. Items are accepted on a space available basis from public and nonprofit organizations only and must be received at least 14 days before the publication date. Submit information by mail to Health Watch, The Washington Post, 4020 University Dr., Suite 220, Fairfax, Va. 22030; by fax to 703-273-2836; or by e-mail to fxextra@ washpost.com. Include event name, dates, times, street address, cost and publishable contact phone number.
The following free programs will be held at Haven of Northern Virginia, 4606 Ravensworth Rd., Annandale. For more information, call 703-941-7000 or visit www.havenofnova.org.
* Widow and widower support group, ongoing, 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesday.
* Suicide survivor support group, a six-week group for anyone who has had a loved one die by suicide, 7:30-9 p.m. Monday; preregistration required.
YMCA Healthy Kids Day, a free, national event for kids and families to compete in fun fitness activities and get important advice from local practitioners and support organizations on asthma, allergies, diabetes, hearing and speech, eye care, mental health and other health and wellness issues that face children and parents, 3-5 p.m. Saturday , YMCA Reston, 12196 Sunset Hills Rd. For more information, call 703-326-7043.
"Mind-Body-Spirit Medicine, The Intro," Colleen Blanchfield will present an overview of the basic findings and approaches to comprehensive cancer care as an introduction to a 10-week course, 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. The course will be held at the same location from 5-7 p.m. Tuesdays, April 22-June 24. Preregistration required. For more information, call 703-698-2841.
Ostomy support group, the United Ostomy Association, Northern Virginia Chapter, presents Dodi Christiano discussing "Complementary and Alternative Medicine," 1:30-3:30 p.m. Sunday, Inova Fairfax Hospital, conference rooms D-E-F, 3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church. Free parking in Blue garage. For more information, call 703-802-3457.
The Epilepsy Foundation sponsors the following class and group for adults with seizure disorders and caregivers. For more information, call 703-425-6660.
* Susan B. Trachman presents "Pharmaceutical Options for Treating Depression," 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, Kings Park Library meeting room, 9000 Burke Lake Rd., Burke.
* Northern Virginia Epilepsy Group, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, and April 16 and 30, Falls Church High School, Room 100, 7521 Jaguar Trail, Falls Church.
The following groups are offered at Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. Preregistration required. For more information, call 703-698-2841.
* GYN cancer group for women diagnosed with ovarian, cervical and endometrial cancers, 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesday.
* Leukemia group: ask the pharmacist, Robert Bretzel, Fairfax-Northern Virginia hematology-oncology, reviews questions regarding medications for leukemia treatment, 7:15-9 p.m. next Thursday.
* Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Capital Area annual workshop, information for people at all stages of testing, treatment and follow-up for thyroid cancer, as well as caregivers and friends, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday .
-- Compiled by Jean Mack