Montgomery County police arrested three more people yesterday in the beating death of a Silver Spring high school student, and authorities said arrest warrants have been issued for two additional alleged attackers.

The three were identified as Tyrone Andre Nichols, 23, Jonathan Usama Dubbenah, 16, and Jerrold Chandler, 17, all of Silver Spring. Police said Nichols and Chandler were charged with second-degree murder, and Dubbenah with manslaughter. The two teenagers were charged as adults, police said. They said both are students at John F. Kennedy High School, as was the victim, Malik D. McCoy, 16.

Two other suspects, ages 16 and 19, were charged Thursday, and police said they have arrest warrants for two additional suspects, one of them a Kennedy student. In all, seven suspects have been charged in the beating -- five who are in custody and two whom police expect to arrest this weekend.

About 200 people gathered at a Silver Spring church yesterday for McCoy's funeral. He was described by Kennedy staff members as witty, intelligent and charismatic. More than 100 fellow students filled the pews at Mount Jezreel Baptist Church, where the McCoy family worships.

"Malik didn't earn this death," said the Rev. Eldridge Spearman, pastor at Mount Jezreel. "Being involved in an argument does not justify murder."

Police affidavits filed in court to obtain arrest warrants for George H. Haddad, 19, and Jelani D. Parker, 16, describe a scene of intense violence in a Silver Spring apartment complex around 10:30 p.m. June 4. Although he is a juvenile, Parker, like Dubbenah, was charged as an adult.

Haddad and Parker were charged Thursday with second-degree murder, second-degree assault and conspiracy to commit first-degree assault and second-degree murder. The most serious charge, second-degree murder, is punishable by up to 30 years in prison in Maryland.

The two suspects who were not in custody as of early last night, but for whom arrest warrants were issued, were identified in court documents as Dante Farrah, 16, and Sovanary Yoeun, 22. Farrah is a Kennedy student, according to the documents.

At least seven people attacked McCoy and his friend Christopher Honore that Friday night after Parker invited McCoy outside to fight, the documents allege.

Witnesses told police that McCoy argued with Parker in the principal's office at Kennedy earlier in the day, and Parker threatened to call his friends to help fight McCoy, the documents state. Later that day, Parker allegedly called on several friends to meet him at an apartment in the Longmead Crossing neighborhood, where McCoy was visiting a friend.

Parker and another person knocked on the door of the apartment McCoy was visiting and Parker asked him out to fight, the documents state.

Honore, McCoy's friend, urged him not to go outside, but McCoy did. Honore followed him, and both were attacked, police said. Honore escaped with minor injuries, but friends discovered McCoy lying on the ground, coughing up blood. He died of head injuries.

McCoy had hoped to join the Coast Guard and in time become an electrical engineer, according to an obituary handed out at his funeral.

His father, Steve McCoy, executive director of a community development corporation in Southeast Washington, hugged his wife, Stephanie, and their daughter, Jamila McCoy, at the funeral. Stephanie McCoy works for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and Jamila McCoy graduated this month from Kennedy, where she was student government president.

Charles McDuffie, who coached McCoy on the Mount Jezreel Baptist Church youth basketball team, described him as a talented athlete and a charming young man.

"I sat there and I said, 'God, why Malik?' " McDuffie said, describing his reaction to the news of the death. "He wouldn't hurt a fly."

Staff writer Martin Weil contributed to this report.