Speedy All-Met outfielder batted .412 for the Virginia AA Dulles District champion. Totaled 28 hits, 23 RBI and 27 runs scored. Was 26 for 26 on stolen base attempts. Will play for Tusculum (Tenn.) College. All-Region II and all-Dulles District honoree was one of two unanimous choices by the district coaches.
Paul Koch, Fauquier
Led the Falcons (19-7) to the school's first Region II baseball title. Fauquier won 16 of its last 18 games, including 12 in a row to end the regular season and secure the district championship. Northwestern District and Region II coach of the year.
* P Michael Manfro, Fauquier, Soph. -- Finished 6-1 with a 0.88 ERA. Totaled 37 strikeouts in 48 innings, yielding six earned runs.
* P Brandon Michon, Loudoun Valley, Jr. -- Posted a 7-1 record and 1.53 ERA. Struck out 77 batters in 64 innings and walked 15. Opponents batted .191 vs. the first-team all-Region II pick.
* P Ryan Rohr, Stone Bridge, Sr. -- Went 9-0 for the Dulles District champion. Yielded eight earned runs for a 0.97 ERA.
* C Andrew Abokhair, Broad Run, Sr. -- All-Met selection batted .444 with 24 hits, 20 RBI, 18 walks and 20 runs scored. Threw out 8 of 14 would-be base stealers. Will play for George Washington.
* C Adam Ventre, Stone Bridge, Sr. -- Repeat All-Extra and all-Dulles District pick is excellent defensively. Batted .422.
* IF Joey Devlin, Broad Run, Jr. -- Second-team all-Region II selection batted .431 with a .455 on-base percentage. Totaled 22 hits, 10 RBI and 14 runs scored.
* IF Landon Gouveia, Stone Bridge, Sr. -- Three-time All-Extra selection batted .368 with 28 hits, 13 walks, 21 RBI and 29 runs scored.
* IF Nick vonGersdorff, Loudoun Valley, Sr. -- First-team all-Region II pick batted .387. Totaled 31 hits (16 for extra bases), 14 walks, 20 RBI and 33 runs scored. Stole 19 bases.
* IF Cameron Scott, Notre Dame, Jr. -- All-state selection for the Virginia Independent School Division 2 champion. Batted .468 with 12 doubles, 2 triples and 6 home runs.
* IF Matt Steele, Fauquier, Sr. -- Falcons' emotional leader batted .329 with 24 hits, 16 walks and 17 runs scored.
* IF Dan Zyla, Fauquier, Sr. -- Batted .333 with 24 hits and 13 RBI for the Region II champion.
* OF Alex Byrd, Loudoun Valley, Jr. -- Repeat All-Extra selection batted .360 with 31 hits, 19 RBI and 20 runs scored. As a pitcher, he went 4-0 with a 1.05 ERA.
* OF Sean Ryan, Stone Bridge, Jr. -- Batted .460 with 3 home runs, 40 hits, 8 doubles, 28 runs and 16 RBI. Was a unanimous all-Dulles District selection.
* OF Buddy Sosnoskie, Liberty, Fr. -- First-team all-Northwestern District pick was errorless in the field. Batted a team-high .438 with 32 hits, 10 RBI and 17 runs scored.
Pitchers -- Nate Glenn, Broad Run, Sr.; Paul Holden, Loudoun Valley, Jr.; John Sinclair, Fauquier, Jr.; Jeremy Thompson, Notre Dame, Sr.; Thurman Winslow, Liberty, Sr. Infielders -- Michael Dawson, Park View, Sr.; Danny Edmondson, Loudoun County, Sr.; Wade Gelbert, Loudoun Valley, Soph.; Matt Hamilton, Loudoun Valley, Jr.; Jeff Lee, Stone Bridge, Sr.; Ryan Muller, Heritage, Jr. Outfielders -- Brad Bridges, Loudoun County, Jr.; Chris Cox, Notre Dame, Jr.; Paul Heidler, Liberty, Jr.; Clay Loveless, Potomac Falls, Jr.; Matt Orner, Fauquier, Sr.; Rusty Smith, Heritage, Soph. Designated hitters -- Craig Tait, Broad Run, Jr.; James Timbers, Stone Bridge, Jr.