Also in the June 20 edition of the Extra, an article indicated that this season was the first time the Loudoun Valley girls' track and field team was undefeated and won the Loudoun Valley Invitational. The Vikings posted undefeated seasons from 1978 to '81 and in 1983. The Vikings also won the Loudoun Valley Invitational four times before this season. (Published 6/24/04)
The All-Met athlete of the year helped account for 38 of the Falcons' 501/2 points at the Virginia AA meet, where they finished second. Set state record in 800 meters (2 minutes 10.44 seconds) and 1,600 (4:51.11). Also anchored the school's winning 4x400 relay team in 4:04.05 and placed second in the high jump. A six-time All-Met.
Bruce Pugh, Loudoun Valley
Led the Vikings to their first undefeated regular season in school history and to the team's first victory as hosts of the Loudoun Valley Invitational. Also guided Loudoun Valley past two-time defending Dulles District champion Stone Bridge with a 128-113 victory at the district meet.
* Geonna Adeka, Stone Bridge, Sr. -- Three-time All-Extra pick won the Virginia AA title in the discus with a personal-best throw of 133 feet 6 inches. Third at state meet in the shot put (38-41/2).
* Alison Baird, Potomac Falls, Sr. -- Three-time All-Extra selection was the Virginia AA runner-up in the 300 hurdles (46.25 seconds) and fifth in 100 hurdles. Will compete for Christopher Newport University.
* Lauren Bolsover, Stone Bridge, Sr. -- Dominated the sprint events at the Dulles District meet, winning the 100 (12.94), 200 (26.95) and 400 (1:00.55). Two-time All-Extra selection.
* Blair Brown, Loudoun Valley, Soph. -- First-year track participant became Virginia AA champion in the high jump (5-3). Dulles District high jump champion also took fourth in both the shot put and discus.
* Alicia Essex, Loudoun Valley, Sr. -- Three-time All-Extra pick was the most versatile competitor at the Dulles District meet, placing in all six events in which she competed. Holds the district record in the 200 and long jump and as a member of the Vikings' 4x100 team.
* Renee Lott, Fauquier, Jr. -- Northwestern District and Region II champion in the 400. Was member of 4x400 team that won district, region and state titles.
* Ashelley O'Banion, Stone Bridge, Sr. -- Recorded a personal-best throw of 38-6 to place second in the shot put at the Virginia AA meet. Dulles District runner-up in both the shot put and discus.
* Amber Reyes, Loudoun County, Sr. -- Three-time All-Extra selection was the Dulles District and Region II champion in the long jump and triple jump. Placed third at the state meet in the triple jump with a school-record leap (36-4).
Racquel Curtis, Loudoun County, Soph.; Myraida Davis, Liberty, Fr.; Katie Endres, Potomac Falls, Sr.; Dominique Hull, Liberty, Jr.; Sam Mizerak, Loudoun Valley, Soph.; Dania Moore, Fauquier, Fr.; Jessica Nauta, Loudoun Valley, Jr.; Jess Smith, Fauquier, Sr.; Kaitlyn Vincie, Fauquier, Soph.
Back row: Blair Brown, Loudoun Valley; Amber Reyes, Loudoun County; Renee Lott, Fauquier. Not pictured: Geonna Adeka, Stone Bridge; Lauren Bolsover, Stone Bridge; Ashelley O'Banion, Stone Bridge.Coach Bruce Pugh, Loudoun Valley;
Sarah Bowman, Fauquier.