The following free programs will be held at Haven of Northern Virginia, 4606 Ravensworth Rd., Annandale. For more information, call 703-941-7000 or visit www.havenofnova.org.
* Widow and widower bereavement support group, 2-3:30 p.m. today.
* Suicide survivors bereavement support group, 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesday.
* General bereavement support group, 7:30-9 p.m. Wednesday.
The following programs are held at Life With Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. Advance registration required. 703-208-5623.
* Children's educational support program, for ages 5-12 to learn about cancer and find ways to manage the emotions and changes that come when someone in the family has cancer, 5:15-6:15 p.m. Wednesdays, July 7-28.
* Teens' meet and eat, for ages 13-18 who have a family member with cancer to eat, hang out and talk about concerns, changes and feelings, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Caregivers meeting, a Life With Cancer group for family members to discuss coping strategies, support, information related to cancer and its treatment and more, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Inova Fairfax Woman's Center, Radiation Oncology Conference Room, 3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church. Advance registration required. 703-698-2841.
The following free support groups are held at Life With Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. Advance registration required. 703-698-2841.
* Melanoma group, 7-8:30 p.m. today.
* Brain tumor group, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* Can Survive, a general, patient-led cancer support group, noon-1:30 p.m. Thursdays.
Life With Cancer Family Center offers the following breast cancer groups. Advance registration required. For more information, call 703-698-2841.
* Young women with breast cancer, 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Inova Alexandria Hospital, Cancer Center waiting room, 4320 Seminary Rd., Alexandria.
* Monthly group, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, Sunrise Assisted Living at Fair Oaks, 3750 Joseph Siewick Dr., Fairfax.
* Semimonthly group, 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesday and July 21, Inova Fairfax Woman's Center, Radiation Oncology Conference Room, 3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church.
-- Compiled by JEAN MACK
To Submit an Item
Mail: Health Notes, Fairfax Extra, The Washington Post, 4020 University Dr., Suite 220, Fairfax, Va. 22030
Details: Items, which are published weekly on a space-available basis, are accepted from public and nonprofit groups and must be received at least 14 days before the publication date. Include event name, dates, times, street address, cost and publishable contact phone number.