Haven of Northern Virginia will hold the following free widow and widower bereavement support groups. For more information, call 703-941-7000 or visit www.havenofnova.org.
* 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesday and 2-3:30 p.m. next Thursday, Haven of Northern Virginia, 4606 Ravensworth Rd., Annandale.
* 2-3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Reston Community Center at Lake Anne, 1609-A Washington Plaza.
La Leche League of Fairfax City hosts a free meeting, "The Art of Breastfeeding and Avoiding Difficulties," for pregnant and nursing women and their children, 10 a.m. Wednesday, Fairfax Christian Church, 10185 Main St. For more information, call 703-481-7861.
Parkinson's disease community support group hosts neurosurgeon Zachary Levine, who will discuss "Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery and Surgical Advancements in Parkinson's Disease" for the Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area, 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Epiphany Byzantine Church, 3410 Woodburn Rd., Annandale. Free. For more information, call 703-891-0821.
The following free groups for adults diagnosed with seizure disorders and their caregivers are sponsored by the Epilepsy Foundation of the Chesapeake Region. For more information, call 703-425-6660.
* Northern Virginia Epilepsy group for adults and caregivers, 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Falls Church High School, Room 100, 7521 Jaguar Trail, Falls Church.
* Reston Epilepsy group for adults and caregivers, 7-8:30 p.m. Friday, Hunter Mill District Office, North County Government Center, 12000 Bowman Towne Dr.
The following free support groups are held at Life With Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. Advance registration required. 703-698-2841.
* Thyroid cancer group, 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday.
* Gynecological cancer group, update on ovarian cancer, 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesday.
* Leukemia group, 7-9 p.m. next Thursday.
* CanSurvive, a general cancer support group, noon-1:30 p.m. Thursdays.
The following free Life With Cancer groups are offered at Inova Fairfax Woman's Center, Radiation Oncology Conference Room, 3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church. Advance registration required. 703-698-2841.
* Heads Up! For current and former head and neck cancer patients, 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesday.
* Caregivers meeting, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
-- Compiled by JEAN MACK
To Submit an Item
Mail: Health Notes, Fairfax Extra, The Washington Post, 4020 University Dr., Suite 220, Fairfax, Va. 22030
Details: Items, which are published weekly on a space-available basis, are accepted from public and nonprofit groups and must be received at least 14 days before the publication date. Include event name, dates, times, street address, cost and publishable contact phone number.