Authority Web Site
Becomes Kid Friendly
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority has launched Web pages for children.
Authority spokesman Tom Sullivan said the section, www.mwaa.com/authority/kids/index.htm, includes a journal of the experiences of first-time fliers and maps and pages that can be printed for coloring and to do word games on the plane.
Independence Air Names
VP of Reservations
Low-fare airline Independence Air, which is based at Dulles International Airport, has hired Denise Womble as vice president of reservations.
Womble, who will manage the new carrier's in-house call center, was director of sales and customer support at US Airways in Arlington for six years. At US Airways, she ran the support desk for corporate customers and oversaw group sales.
* Beginning Oct. 4, United Express carrier Air Wisconsin will start three daily round-trip flights between Dulles and Memphis and two daily round-trip flights between Dulles and Milwaukee.
* Also Oct. 4, United Express carrier Shuttle America will begin three daily round trips between Dulles and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pa.
* On Oct. 17, United Express carrier Chautauqua Airlines will begin two daily round-trip flights between Dulles and Houston, with a third daily round trip to be added Oct. 31.
* On Feb. 15, Air Wisconsin will introduce four daily round trips between Dulles and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
* Beginning Oct. 31, Northwest Airlines starts nonstop service between Reagan National Airport and Indianapolis, with three round trips on weekdays and two round trips on weekends.
-- Compiled by LILA ARZUA