1. Residential apartments, 1939 12th St. NW. Construction of new five-story apartment building containing one-and two-bedroom apartments, some with two levels. Cost: $2.2 million.
2. Harris Building, 3300 Whitehaven St. NW. Continued interior demolition work on second and third floors for Georgetown University administrative and research offices. Cost: $1 million.
3. House of Sweden, 901 30th St. NW. Construction of new building to house Embassy of Sweden, apartments and conference center. Cost: $35 million.
4. One NoMa Station, 131 M St. NE. Renovation of offices. Cost: $17.5 million.
5. Alumni House, 3604 O St. NW. Alterations and window replacement as part of extensive renovation. Finished building will include a technology center, a library, a gallery, a winter garden room and Georgetown University alumni association administrative offices. Cost: $960,000. Total cost: $7.5 million.
6. Braxton Hotel, 1440 Rhode Island Ave. NW. Construction of 49 condominium units. Cost: $3,611,748.
7. Calvary Baptist Church, 755 Eighth St. NW. Interior construction of administrative offices, adult classrooms, gym and multi-purpose room in the Green Building and stage, library and children's areas in the Woodward Building as part of a larger project involving three church buildings and an attached office building. Cost: $2,297,000.
8. Thurgood Marshall Academy Public Charter High School, 2427 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE. Modernization of former Nichols Avenue Elementary School to include interior renovations; installation of new plumbing, heating, electrical systems; repairs to roof; installation of new windows; and construction of addition. School stands on site of old James G. Birney School, the first public school for blacks in Hillsdale. Four permits: $71,500-$3,059,600.
9. Fairlawn Estates, 2202-21 Fairlawn Ct. and 2200 T Pl. SE. Construction of new, single-family detached houses, each with two levels, garage, three bedrooms and 21/2 bathrooms. Twenty-one permits: $150,149-$218,002.
10. American University, 4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW. Remodeling of McCabe Building, which houses student health center and offices. Cost: $1,365,794.
11. Ebenezer's, 201 F St. NE. Construction of a two-story building with basement to house offices for National Community Church, meeting space and ground-level coffee shop. Cost: $1.4 million.
12. Atlas Performing Arts Center, 1313 H St. NE. Renovation and addition to existing two-story theater. Cost: $2,037,000.
13. Catholic University of America, 620 Michigan Ave. NE. Interior renovation and selective demolition at Conaty, McDonald, Reardon and Engelhard Halls. Four permits: $523,483, $138,765.14, $159,429.57 and $156,846.08.
14. Henson Ridge, 1811 and 1837 Tobias Dr. and 1839-1885 Tubman Rd. SE. Construction of nine 1,300 square-foot, two-bedroom townhouses as part of a 600-unit mixed-income housing development. Nine permits: $91,700-$91,770.
15. St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School, 4701 Whitehaven Pkwy. NW. Installation of storm line in playground area. Cost $30,000.
16. Contee AME Zion Church, 903 Division Ave. NE. Installation of drywall and tiles, painting and minor carpentry for renovation of basement and bathroom. Cost: $5,000.
17. Epiphany Catholic Church, 2712 Dumbarton St. NW. Projection of niche at rear of church. Cost: $2,500.
18. Gonzaga College High School, 19 I St. NW. Removal of sod and soil from athletic field and replacement with crushed stone and 74,000 square feet of synthetic grass. Cost: $20,000.
19. Sala Thai Restaurant, 1301 U St. NW. Interior alterations and repairs to suit new Thai restaurant. Cost: $350,000.
20. Friendship Public Charter School, 2959 Carlton Ave. NE. Interior alteration and repairs.
21. Georgetown Day School, 4530 MacArthur Blvd. NW. Footing and foundation for new open air pavilion. No cost given.
22. Offices, 701 13th St. NW. Construction of new office spaces on seventh floor for GE Financial and on ninth floor for National Association of Psychiatric Health Services. Two permits, no cost given.
23. Basketball court, 5601 Connecticut Ave. NW. Demolition of public basketball court as part of larger project to include construction of new basketball court, new tennis wall, redesigned plaza area, new playground and drainage correction. Cost: $9,000. Total cost: $925,000.
24. George Washington University, 2300 I St. NW. Repairs to concrete masonry in garage, facade and plaza. Cost: $650,000.
25. Grant Park Nursing Home, 5000 Nannie Helen Burroughs Ave. NE. Alterations for new medical office suite. Cost: $260,350.
26. American Historical Association office, 400 A St. SE. Restoration of stairs in compliance with historical specifications and replacement of doors.
27. Madeline Gardens, 1210, 1230 and 1240 Holbrook Ter. NE. Installation of helical piers to stabilize walls as part of complete renovation project. Three permits: $16,736; $8,368; and $26,150.
28. Grand Oaks Sibley Hospital, 5901 MacArthur Blvd. NW. Interior alterations for existing hair salon. Cost: $100,000.
29. Courthouse, 500 Indiana Ave. NW. Replacement of fire alarm system. Cost: $2,650,450.