The Loudoun Education Alliance of Parents, a nonpartisan network that promotes interaction among parents, teachers, School Board members and Loudoun County public school administrators, meets on the second Wednesday of each month -- except for this month -- at 7:30 p.m. in the media center of Stone Bridge High School in Ashburn.
Each two-hour program includes a panel discussion, a short program featuring a specialized topic of interest and an update from School Superintendent Edgar B. Hatrick III. The topics are:
* Sept.15 -- The boundary process.
* Oct. 13 -- School size.
* Nov. 10 -- No Child Left Behind Act/closing the achievement gap.
* Dec. 8 -- The honor code.
* Jan. 12 -- Loudoun Youth Initiative.
* Feb. 9 -- Budget (starts at 7 p.m.).
* March 9 -- Bullying, bus issues and anger management.
* April 13 -- Howard Hughes Medical Institute update/school-business partnerships.
* May 11 -- LEAP town meeting and tour of school administration building.
LEAP officers for the 2004-05 school year are:
President: Sarah Entsminger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past president: Nancy Doane, email@example.com.
Co-vice presidents, programs: Sally Fuller, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Mary Radford, email@example.com.
Vice president, communications: Kevin Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treasurer: Maura Walsh-Copeland, email@example.com.
Co-secretaries: Carola Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dana M. Pastro, email@example.com.