1. Calvert Gateway, phase II, northeast of Route 4 and Ward Road. A plan for a 169,050-square-foot Wal-Mart in the shopping center with a fast-food restaurant, convenience store with gas station and carwash, and a medical office building on 45 acres.
2. Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant, Route 2/4. A site plan for a 200-yard rifle range at the existing firearms training facility.
St. Leonard Area
3. Fountain Estates, on Routes 765 and 2/4. A site plan to subdivide 12.66 acres for 10 lots with 5.1 acres of open space.
4. Kings Ridge, Kingsberry Court. A site plan to subdivide 105.88 acres for five lots.
5. Calvert Gateway, phase I, Plaza Drive. A plan for 8,993 square feet of retail space on a pad site between Giant Food store and Bank of America.
6. Chesapeake Church, east side of Route 4. A plan for a 21,910-square-foot expansion of an existing church and 25,600 square feet of office and counseling space.
7. Cove Point Park Aquatic Center, north side of Cove Point Road. A site plan for a 3,200-square-foot bathhouse and outdoor swimming pool on 5.2 acres in the district park.
Prince Frederick Area8. The COA Building, at Armory Road and Main Street. A plan to remove an auto body repair shop and build a 12,000-square-foot building, with two floors of office space and a basement storage area.
Zoning Permits Issued
Prince Frederick Area
9. Calvert County Public Schools, 600 Dares Beach Road. A permit to install a pre-manufactured sign with masonry for Calvert High School.
10. Calvert Marina, off Dowell Road, right onto Oyster Bay. A permit for a 19,008-square-foot, eight-unit building for residential use.
-- Compiled by BONNIE SMITH