* Greg Bailey, Fairmont Heights: At halftime of a scoreless game, the senior went to Coach Stefan Gansert and asked to carry the ball more often. So the Hornets went to a power-running formation, and Bailey carried the ball on 12 of 13 plays in their first drive of the second half. He capped that drive with a 47-yard touchdown run. On Fairmont Heights' next possession, Bailey scored on a 29-yard run.
Bailey, who missed much of the preseason because of a dislocated shoulder and was limited in the Hornets' season opener, finished with 243 yards on 20 carries and the only two scores in a 13-0 win over Surrattsville.
* Derron Hall, Douglass: The sophomore linebacker and running back blocked a punt and recovered it in the end zone, then added touchdown runs of 55 and 37 yards in a 40-6 victory over DuVal. Hall carried 10 times for 105 yards.
* Justin Tillman, Forestville: The physical senior carried 16 times for 211 yards and scored on touchdown runs of 25 and 60 yards in the Knights' 26-7 victory over Woodlawn. Tillman sprained his ankle and did not play in the fourth quarter, but Coach Charles Harley said holding Tillman out was only a precaution.
* Titan Trabue, Potomac: Senior running back carried 12 times for 113 yards and also had an interception in the Wolverines' 36-6 victory over Friendly.
* Derrick Williams, Eleanor Roosevelt: Do-it-all senior really did it all in 40-0 victory over Laurel. Playing quarterback, he completed 5 of 7 passes for 101 yards and two touchdowns and rushed 12 times for 105 yards and one touchdown. Also caught two passes for 32 yards and a touchdown.
-- JOSH BARR