1. Catholic University of America, 620 Michigan Ave. NE. Renovations to four dormitories, including new sprinklers. Four permits, no cost given.
2. The Shops at Georgetown Park, 3222 M St. NW. Renovation of entire fourth floor to accommodate addition of Washington Sports Clubs. Cost: $1,000,298.
3. Office building, 1330 Connecticut Ave. NW. Heat, ventilation, and air-conditioning upgrades in existing building. Cost: $2,312,273.
4. Mary Virginia Merrick Youth Recreation Center, 4275 Fourth St. SE. Construction of new youth/community center on property of St. Thomas More Church to include gymnasium, large meeting room, computer learning center, pantry, storage and stage. Cost: $3.2 million.
5. Howard University, 2400 Georgia Ave. NW. Renovations to the Miner Building, a former teaching college, a portion of which will become a National Fair Housing Training Academy run by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The rest of the building is designated for mixed use, including a museum, offices and classrooms. Cost: $850,000.
6. Harrison Town One, 412, 420 and 429 Evarts St. NE. Renovation of four buildings to create 14 luxury condos with parking. Three permits: $100,000 each.
7. Lofts at Brightwood, 5832 Georgia Ave. NW. Construction of four-story, 32-unit condominium building with parking garage on vacant lot and interior renovation of existing adjacent North Carolina Furniture Store building, former site of the Ibex Club. Cost: $1,154,000.
8. Station Place, 600 Second St. NE. Construction of one building of three in a complex. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission will lease 1 million square feet at this building and 100 F St. NE combined. Cost: $13.5 million.
9. Dumbarton Place, 1414 22nd St. NW. Conversion of six-story office building that formerly housed Congressional Quarterly offices into a 36-unit condominium building. One permit: $2.6 million. Total cost: $34 million.
10. Comcast, 900 Michigan Ave. NE. Renovation of billing office. Cost: $1,670,000.
11. Edmund Burke School, 4101 Connecticut Ave. NW. Excavation and laying of foundation for new school building to be connected via enclosed pedestrian bridge to existing school across an alley. New building will house art, music and theater facilities, a computer lab and middle school classrooms. Cost: $1,290,000. Total cost: $7.8 million.
12. Nation, 1015 Half St. SE. Large-scale construction at concert venue, details not listed. Cost: $20 million.
13. Embassy of Switzerland, 2920 Cathedral Ave. NW. Asbestos removal by truck as part of construction of new, larger ambassador's residence on site of old one. Cost: $64,000. Total cost: $11.3 million.
14. House of Sweden, 901 30th St. NW. Sheeting and shoring, tree removal, sediment and erosion control, site grading and land clearance. Two permits: $650,000 and $12,000.
15. People's Republic of China, 3514 Williamsburg Lane, NW. Replacement of exterior windows and renovation of three-story single family dwelling with basement. Cost: $275,000.
16. Columbia Plaza Market, 516 23rd St. NW. New tenant interior layout for retail store. Cost: $52,000.
17. Public housing, 101-05 58th St.; 1-5, 9-13, 101-05 and 109-13 60th St. NE; 5800 and 5810 E. Capitol St. NE. Razing of two-story brick single family dwellings at East Capitol Dwellings, Capitol View Plaza and Capitol View Plaza II to make way for New East Capitol, a HOPE VI project to include 515 units of mixed-income housing, retail stores, a community center and a day-care center. Seven permits, no cost given. Total cost: $30.8 million.
18. St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School, 4701 Whitehaven Pkwy. NW. Renovation of playground retaining wall, grading, fence, deck and play equipment. Cost: $50,000.
19. Condominiums, 426 M St. NW. Construction of new three-story, plus cellar and mezzanine, building on existing footing and foundation. Cost: $1,384,000.
20. Fairfax Village, 3645-51 Alabama Ave. SE. Construction of four new townhouses with attached garages to complete development started in the 1980s. Four permits: $125,000 each.
21. Dahlgren Chapel, 3700 O St. NW. Roof repairs and fire alarm installation in Georgetown University chapel. Cost: $140,300.
22. Condominiums, 1610 11th St. NW. Construction of new eight-unit, three-story building. Cost: $1.3 million.
23. St. George's Episcopal Church, 160 U St. NW. Addition. Cost: $600,000.
24. Chevy Chase Bank, 1100 New Jersey Ave. SE. Interior customizing for bank branch in 12-story building. Cost: $240,000.
25. Community Academy Public Charter School, 1351 Nicholson St. NW. Addition of a second-story modular classroom on top of a first-floor modular classroom. Cost: $300,000.
26. George Washington University, 800 21st St. NW. Interior renovation of existing food court common area. Three permits: $190,000; $206,000 and $273,000.
27. St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 100 Rock Creek Church Rd. NW. Construction of new entryways. Cost: $346,000.
Compiled by CARRIE DONOVAN
and DON POHLMAN