* John Carter, Forestville: The senior linebacker recorded 13 tackles to lead his team to a 34-14 victory over DuVal.
* Edward Cobb, Bladensburg: The senior running back rushed for a career-high 154 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries to lead the Mustangs to their first victory of the season, 26-14 over Surrattsville.
* Trevor Germany, Gwynn Park: The junior tight end caught two passes for a career-high 135 yards -- highlighted by a 75-yard touchdown reception -- to lead the 12th-ranked Yellow Jackets to a 40-0 victory over Crossland.
* Kelvin Jones, High Point: The senior quarterback-turned-running back rushed 17 times for a career-high 163 yards -- including a 70-yard touchdown -- and threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to lead his team to a 27-8 victory over Laurel.
* Brandon McRae, C.H. Flowers: The senior running back rushed for a game-high 160 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries to lead the ninth-ranked Jaguars to a 28-15 victory over Oxon Hill. McRae, who scored on runs of 53 and six yards, has rushed for a team-high 937 yards and15 touchdowns this season.
* Derrick Williams, Eleanor Roosevelt: The senior did a little bit of everything in the Raiders' 47-6 victory over Parkdale. He rushed for 105 yards on 10 carries, completed four passes for 102 yards -- including two touchdown passes to Will Davis -- caught a 37-yard pass and, as a defensive back, recorded his fourth interception of the season.
-- JON GALLO