Permit Applications Filed
1. Restaurant, 1101 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Plumbing, mechanical, electrical, lighting and interior alterations. Cost: $990,000.
2. New Solid Rock Church, 819 Upshur St. NW. Conversion of pool hall to church. Cost: $2,000.
3. Business, 1828 Jefferson Pl. NW. Renovation with addition. Cost: $2.75 million.
4. Coolidge High School, 6315 Fifth St. NW. Addition of up to 12 antennas, 15 cables, a generator pad and equipment shelter on roof of building. Cost: $150,000.
5. Apartments, 1618 11th St. NW. Construction of new building. Cost: $925,432.
6. Apartments, 5210 Third St. NE. Site clearance and grading for new apartment building. Cost: $1.85 million.
7. Catholic University of America, 620 Michigan Ave. NE. Renovation of interior. Five permits, with costs of $633,640, $114,452, $119,452, $131,703 and $117,494.
8. Business, 900-910 Rhode Island Ave. NE. Renovation of second and third floors and part of first floor to include mechanical, electrical and plumbing upgrades. Cost: $1.4 million.
9. Shipley Apartments, 2511-2531 Savannah St. SE; 2532-2540 Southern Ave. SE.; and 3400-3440 25th St. SE. Painting, installation of carpet and drywall, and replacement of kitchen and bathroom appliances and fixtures. Twenty-two permits, with costs of $90,970 to $109,164.
10. XM Satellite Building, 1500 Eckington Pl. NE. Interior work on part of ground floor. Cost: $1.5 million.
11. Apartments, 300 Hamilton St. NE. Construction of new building. No cost given.
12. Apartments, 500 Galloway St. NE. Construction of new building. Cost: $7.9 million.
*13. Single-family homes, 2501-2657 Harris Pl. NE, 3201-3320 Lincolnshire Dr. NE and 3227-3297 Hardin Pl. NE. Construction of new homes. Two hundred nine permits: $100,000 each.
14. Las Marias Cooperative, 1458 Columbia Rd. NW. Rehabilitation of apartment building, including plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and electrical systems. Cost: $414,404.
15. Restaurant, 1824 Columbia Rd. NW. Conversion of retail store to cafe with 14 seats in basement. Cost: $500.
16. Shakespeare Theatre, 620 F St. NW. Construcion of new theater and office building with underground parking. Cost: $2 million.
17. Delancey Lofts, 1701 Kalorama Rd. NW. Renovation of and addition to three-story ancillary parking garage. Cost: $6.5 million.
18. Sonata Loft Condominiums, 301 Massachusetts Ave. NW. Construction of new 12-story, 75-unit building with three levels of underground parking. Cost: $11.65 million.
19. Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Construction of new building to include the Newseum and its offices, a convention center, retail space and apartments. Cost: $165 million.
20. American Red Cross Museum, 1730 E St. NW. Renovation of ballroom in museum. Cost: $996,000.
21. George Washington University, 2025 F St. NW. Installation of fiberglass 6,000-gallon diesel fuel tank at student residence. Cost: $30,000.
22. Apartments, 1822 Kalorama Rd. NW. Demolition of interior, preserving three walls, and construction of new three-and-four-story structure, fence, bay window, and areaway projections. Cost: $2.1 million.
23. National Place, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Renovation of food court, including new restaurant and facade repairs. Four permits, with costs of $72,000 to $101,000.
24. Capitol Gateway Phase I, 5901 East Capitol St. SE. Interior demolition of condominium towers. Cost: $1.28 million.
25. Capitol Gateway Phase I, 5929 East Capitol St. SE. Interior demolition of rental tower. Cost: $3 million.
* Project not marked on map because streets named have not been officially created.